Skip to content

A ranged-Kit stupid Poll :)

SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
Okay, maybe this poll is stupid, maybe not or not so much useless or totaly useless.
Between this 3 kits, for powergaming, RP , fun or other reason, choose one! Not ONLY for the 3 last seconds of Tob

You can choose "other" of course and explain why.
You can discuss Race and Weapon of course.

Go!
  1. A ranged-Kit stupid Poll :)25 votes
    1. The Archer classy and effective
      44.00%
    2. The Throwing-Kensai Finess and deadly as hell
      12.00%
    3. The Throwing-Berseker beuuuhhhhha
      12.00%
    4. Other
      32.00%

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Other: Fighter/Cleric Slinger. (Bonus points if you use a mod to ease racial restrictions and make him a Halfling.) DUHM + Righteous Magic + Whirlwind Attack = ranged death.

If you really want to get into it, a Priest of Lathander dualed to Fighter is one of the most damaging ranged attackers in the game.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    I'm with @SomeSort on that one. I learned to love me some slinging action recently. :p
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Archer, all day every day.
  • SouplesseSouplesse Member Posts: 131
    @SomeSort & @Arctodus
    One thing I like the most here: there is always something I miss ! I'm not so fan of slings by the way...

@Lord_Tansheron
    Ok i get it, your love of this kit is communicative, I must try it.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208
    edited May 2017
    Dunno why, but SoD had a cool bow with panic trigger.

Some blackguardish class with such a proccing feat would be very cool addition,
    you could call it Banshee in reverence of Lady Sylvanas.

Poste Scriptum: the class 2nd special ability would be Hailstorm, a multi-attack at range,
    like Diablo 2 Amazon Strafe.

PS2: High Level Ability ( ToB OPness ) ; CryHavoc , would work like that whatcha call it warrior HLA at range.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The mobile Dwarven Ballista.

Put tha hammer and ax down. Two pips in heavy crossbow is all you'll ever need. Who needs to kite anyway if one just can stand lazily in the mids of battle with sheer Hardiness?
    Ok i like the way this poll goes !
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2017
    Wizardslayer dart thrower. Twack twack twack. Flair points by dualing into druid and using fireseeds.

Poison, stun, magic failure.... fun.
    My right hemisphery is so ineffective. I'm jealous of your creativity...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Tarlugn said:

PS2: High Level Ability ( ToB OPness ) ; CryHavoc , would work like that whatcha call it warrior HLA at range.

Hmmm, no. If an ability is called "CryHavoc", then obviously it should be a summoning ability which conjures a pack of dogs.

However, that'd be rather feeble as an HLA ... better as an innate from low levels, perhaps starting with Wild Dogs and then working up towards Vampiric Wolves at high levels.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    A Ferret Fighter/Thief specializing in throwing :cookie:s!
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    edited May 2017
    Dwarven Defender with throwing axes. There are one or two or three magical throwing axes through the saga that will return to the throwers hand and these rawc if you need your DD to regenerate while someone else tanks. Remember, throwing axes get strength bonuses. Plus, dwarf, so that itself is a win.