Skip to content

Post Your Battlestations.

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
edited May 2017 in Off-Topic
Anyone else here into computers? Do you have a cool system you would like to show off or maybe to post your Baldur's gate nest? I just finished tricking mine out and would like to share. I built my computer from scratch and recently added a custom cooling loop to it. I use my computer to build 3DCG cut scenes for personal enjoyment mainly. I am working on a few scenes for a mod that is not BG related. I also use it for video editing, gaming, and internet. I have it hooked up to my home theater so I can do everything from one spot. Pictures of consoles and Home theaters are welcome as well.

Post edited by the_sextein on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    now that's a serious unit, back in the day I loved spending 1000s of dollars on killer PC's but I don't really play hardcore games anymore so I try and refrain from spending big dollars on my PC, I could take a picture of my unit, but I don't have any good photo taking mechanisms ( I still use a flip phone hahaha ) but my PC weighs 50 lbs, and there are wires golore in my PC, yours looks so nice and neat, and mine is just a mess hahaha
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited May 2017
    Being that this is a forum for Baldur's Gate, it doesn't have to be about an all powerful system. A good chair and a nice homey room is best for the gate. I'd be interested in seeing the setups of people who blow hours and hours on this game. I say go for it,this thread could be fun to see what people are playing on since the game can run on a phone or a supercomputer. My system is powerful but only because it's a hobby of mine and I use it for other things. Baldur's Gate doesn't look or play any better on it than any other system from the last decade. I would imagine some people may even use Nvidia shield or similar to stream Baldur's gate from a laptop into their home theater for a more relaxing gaming experience.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Wow that's an amazing system!
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited May 2017
    Troodon80 said:

CoolerMaster Cosmos II

Hmm, that wouldn't be the same rig we've tried to roll out of your house on a truck, would it? :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    One and the same. :P
    I dig it but equally impressive is that cat mug. :p
    edited May 2017
    Gusinda said:

Hi All, I do like the above systems but I am about to put you all to shame; may I present my mobile command battlestation...

Sometimes, when I don't want to wake the motel I might be staying at, I attach my sound system (headset) :blush:

Should I mention the specs? Well OK then:
    Omni 10, Intel Atom processor Z3770 (1.46 GHz), 2GB RAM, 10.1" 1920x1200 Screen, 32 GB eMMC. It was water cooled once when I unfortunately spilt my drink, but I found that I didn't need it and wiped it off.

Righteo stop salivativing, I know you all want one...
    Gus

Seriously though, it is only the beast I play when I am away for short periods, otherwise my other is a Clevo P157SM1 notebook connected to a 24" ASUS monitor & Artlec Lansing speaker system.
    I might add that I am very much into computers (Network Manager) and used to customise for performance. These days, I don't really play the games require a huge beast; more into isometric RP games and some 1st person (Elder Scrolls etc).
    I don't have a mobile system. I do have an android phone but I am not sure I want to play with it. I would like to have something like what you have for when I am on the road.
    edited May 2017

Made by Old Time Compunter

Not my battlestation, yet. But I'm surely planning of getting something like that after my current setup hits the fan! Gotta love steampunk computers~ <3</p>
    That would be an awesome setup to add a custom water loop to. You could make it look like a steam engine or something. Seriously stylish. You could just attach all of the computer components directly to the desk and make them look all rustic. That would be a king mod.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @the_sextein, it has its place but now a bit old in the tooth... Currently shopping for a Hybrid 2in1 with a bit more grunt.

Had a 'Samsung Galaxy Tab S' but found that I was installing all my old favourites (BG Series, IWD, IWD2 etc) to play on it so am opting to go back to a Windows platform for mobile. I also have a Note 4 and have played BG on that with little to no problems; size of screen was the prob but when you need to play, you play!

Gus
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Could people edit their posts to put pictures behind a spoiler tag? I know this was done in another thread for good reasons, and here at least it'd solve some annoyances while trying to view the thread.

Could people edit their posts to put pictures behind a spoiler tag? I know this was done in another thread for good reasons, and here at least it'd solve some annoyances while trying to view the thread.

Done!

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

Done!

Thanks much.

And I really dig your setup. Thanks for sharing it. :)
    Hey, stay away from my radiators buddy. B)