Skip to content

Mages Gone Wild

Playing as a wild mage we know all sorts of weird stuff can happen. Just now I decided to fire off a Wish spell in hopes of restoring my spells without napping and it triggered with an area effect, giving every party member their own private Djinni, and even little Cespenar who was hanging out with the group got asked for a wish by a Djinni. This apparently resulted in that I, for a very brief moment got to play as Cespenar. Unfortunately his wisdom seemed appropriate for his character so his options were all negative.

Anyone else had some funny effect from a wild surge?
FlashburnGallowglasstbone1MoradinAndreaColombodeltagosemiticgoddessThacoBellMontresor_SPJuliusBorisovAerakarsarevok57Balrog99

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    My cranial DJhas had David Bowie's "The Jean Genie" running around
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Area effect wish is a nice option. Cast another spell of the same level, imprisonment, when trying to summon a planetar in a solo no-reload is ... not so nice.
    dibJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384

Neera Wild Surging a Gate during initial confrontation with Ekandor in Beregost.

I guess that's a good time to run for your dear life.
    I often see people complain about her wild surging during that encounter but somehow it never happened to me.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I can never recall what happened in which patch, those things just don't stick to my memory core, but I remember it happening to me a couple of times in an earlier version of BG1.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Skatan said:

I can never recall what happened in which patch, those things just don't stick to my memory core, but I remember it happening to me a couple of times in an earlier version of BG1.

It's just RNG. I had Neera casting Fireball as a surge and thus killing my PC twice in that encounter.
    Aerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    dib said:

Neera Wild Surging a Gate during initial confrontation with Ekandor in Beregost.

I guess that's a good time to run for your dear life.
    I often see people complain about her wild surging during that encounter but somehow it never happened to me.
    the first time I ever used neera, the first wild surge she got was gate, and all she had to say was; oops sorry

good thing that happened in beregost at level one because I was more than able to take it out of coarse....

Aerakardib