Skip to content

[Mod] Imoen gets turned to stone at the Promenade

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
edited July 2017 in BGII:EE Mods
The whole mod content is a huge *** Spoiler *** for BGII game story so you are warned.

I feel under a lot of time pressure every time after the incident with Irenicus, Imoen, and the Cowled Wizards at the Promenade. This mod lets Imoen be turned to stone in that fight. The idea is to give the PC more ease of mind to do all the quests in Chapter 2, knowing that Imoen doesn't suffer - and can be turned back to live like Branwen was in BG1 once the PC reaches Spellhold.

The mod lets Imoen be turned to stone in the fight with Irenicus at the Promenade. She will still be taken by the Cowled Wizards, and Irenicus will have depetrified her and do his soul-experiments until the PC reaches Spellhold so the overall game flow is not altered. But overall it all happens a bit later than in the original, and (at least for me) it's a bit less disturbing.

This mod is meant to be a very small mod, which is also one of the reasons why the overall game story is not altered.

The mod tries to use as many originally voiced lines as possible, but some had to be taken out because they didn't make any sense without Imoen reacting. Also, some lines were added to stress the reasons why Imoen will be taken to Spellhold although she is turned to stone.

The mod is compatible with Alamateria's Restauration Project "Extended Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene", Tweaks Anthology "Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams", Alternatives, and Saeileth mod. It has to be installed after Tweak Anthology.

Download Site

Discussion Thread at G3
Post edited by jastey on

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Welp, looks like my required BG2 mod list just grew by one. This, like your Adalon's Blood mod, is another nice, sensible addition to the game.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Wonderful idea!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Thank you!
    Just for accuracy: Adalon's Blood is based on Gandalf the White's idea.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The mod has an official download's page at G3. First post is updated!
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    That's a great mod idea, definitely makes clearing all of BG2 before going Spellhold a lot more justifiable.
    Now, if only someone made a "Imoen dies at Spellhold" mod so I wouldn't have to drag her moody, mentally unstable BG2 self along on every play-through, that would be something..
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Ulb said:

That's a great mod idea, definitely makes clearing all of BG2 before going Spellhold a lot more justifiable.
    Now, if only someone made a "Imoen dies at Spellhold" mod so I wouldn't have to drag her moody, mentally unstable BG2 self along on every play-through, that would be something..

Did it ever occur to you that you can send her ahead from Irenicus Prison to get in trouble outside, just like you can tell her to find her own way out of the Asylum by herself because you only came there for your revenge on Irenicus but not for her? Nobody forces her on you ever. Just like you can ignore her in BG1 all along.
    @PaulaMigrate Yes, that is true, but oh does the dialogue make it clear the PC is being an *** (or at least that's what my PC felt was what Imoen was pointing at, although not aggressively but more in the "alright I'll try to find my way - all alone - after all we did together" whiny reproachful way.)
    So, what Ulb suggests is the player being the bad one, not the PC. :) It's about creating a defined situation where the head is clear of what-ifs.

@Ulb I wrote an Imoen Can Die Minimod for subtledoctor who enables exactly this. I am sure he would share it if you ask him.
    jastey said:

@Ulb I wrote an Imoen Can Die Minimod for subtledoctor who enables exactly this. I am sure he would share it if you ask him.

So you've been keeping the good stuff from us, haven't you? I'll ask him.. :)

@PaulaMigrate
    What Jastey wrote.
    I the player can of course get rid of her but pretty much all of my characters (even the evil ones) feel obliged to help out their little sister and take her with them.

Similar to this, if you leave out your character's motivation "Imoen gets turned to stone at the Promenade" becomes a completely redundant mod since it changes basically nothing game-play wise.

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @Ulb - I tend to ctrl+y Imoen at Spellhold if I don't feel like taking her, and roleplay as she died. I usually do the same with Jaheira and Minsc.
    Artona said:

@Ulb - I tend to ctrl+y Imoen at Spellhold if I don't feel like taking her, and roleplay as she died. I usually do the same with Jaheira and Minsc.

Hm ya, that's one way to do it but it's not quite the same.
    Also, Minsc is a brain-damaged psychopath, my characters rarely have any qualms about sending him on his way at the Chateau.