Skip to content

IWD Loot vs BG Loot

For a long time, I actually felt that the IWD Loot system wasnt as good as the BG version, but, after playing IWD for a good while now - I have to admit I think I'm prefering it :neutral:

What do other people think?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Personally, I despise random loot.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    I probably wouldn't even notice it. I play highly modded games and my setup changes from one playthrough to the next, thus whatever I find is always a surprise. Unless some mod tweaks away some item that is actually required at a certain point in the game, which I would call a bug then.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2017
    The problem I see is that BG doesn't have the wealth of generic-named diverse enchanted items that IWD has. Anything not named after the regular item with a plus at the end of it is usually described to be unique or limited. You'd have to import a ton of IWD's resources to make this possible.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Love randomized loot. Replayability out the wazoo. Never know what you're gonna get. Got lucky one playthrough and my Beserker/Druid's every item slot was filled with something useful. Total powerhouse.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited June 2017
    i think that IWD-style pseudo-random system is really really good. much better than truly randomized loot. but the actual items they made aren't very good, it's all very rough around the edges

edit: i'm really suprised there haven't been mods that completely overhauled IWD's generic loot
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    After playing mmos for years u get used to randomized loot from boss drops adds to the replay value too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    cool!