Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Weapon dmg is not correct; Is this bug?

I have tested a weapon dmg output and this is some examples which I found out:

- In inventory bar, it showed that the dmg from using dagger +3 is between 4-7 ; however: sometimes I did 3 dmg and sometime 9 dmg.Why sometime I got lower/higher dmg than dmg in status bar.

I tested it with a character that have only 1 proficiency point and has no strength dmg bonus with my another naked NPC (wear and equip nothing as well as have no any dmg adjustment or resist.) . Anyway when I tested it with NPC who was specialized in that weapon, the result is similar.

Anybody know why this happen?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 705
    Are you testing it on party members or non-party NPC's? Easy and Normal difficulty reduce the damage party members take, regardless of who its from.
    Is your target equipped with a melee weapon(or unarmed monk)? If not they will take +4 damage from others using melee weapons.
    NSAgov770
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 14
    kjeron said:

Are you testing it on party members or non-party NPC's? Easy and Normal difficulty reduce the damage party members take, regardless of who its from.
    Is your target equipped with a melee weapon(or unarmed monk)? If not they will take +4 damage from others using melee weapons.

I tested it on party members and all of them eqipped with a melee weapon ,but sometime I still got both lower and higher than showed status bar.

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 658
    NSAgov770 said:

kjeron said:

I tested it on party members and all of them eqipped with a melee weapon ,but sometime I still got both lower and higher than showed status bar.

As @kjeron said, if you're playing on normal difficulty, all damage your guys take is reduced, so if you normally have a minimum damage of 4 that will get reduced slightly and result in a new minimum damage of 3. Against enemies you'll still have a minimum of 4. (Alternately, if you increase the difficulty to Core or higher you'll start seeing a minimum of 4 in your tests again.)

As for the higher maximum... there are a number of things that could be resulting in a higher maximum. I believe elemental damage isn't factored into the damage displayed on the character screen. Critical hits deal extra damage if the target isn't wearing a helmet.

What weapon are you testing with? What difficulty level is your game set to? Is the character you're attacking wearing a helmet?
    ThacoBellNSAgov770
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 14
    It is customization weapon, a long sword that have 0d6 but deal magic dmg around 2d12+3. It seem @kjeron is correct about difficulty because after I set i to core, it deal dmg as it should be now.

BTW, after I have several tests, it seems 0d6 or 1d6 weapon won't have a proficiency bonus.