Skip to content

Weapon dmg is not correct; Is this bug?

I have tested a weapon dmg output and this is some examples which I found out:

- In inventory bar, it showed that the dmg from using dagger +3 is between 4-7 ; however: sometimes I did 3 dmg and sometime 9 dmg.Why sometime I got lower/higher dmg than dmg in status bar.

I tested it with a character that have only 1 proficiency point and has no strength dmg bonus with my another naked NPC (wear and equip nothing as well as have no any dmg adjustment or resist.) . Anyway when I tested it with NPC who was specialized in that weapon, the result is similar.

Anybody know why this happen?

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Are you testing it on party members or non-party NPC's? Easy and Normal difficulty reduce the damage party members take, regardless of who its from.
    Is your target equipped with a melee weapon(or unarmed monk)? If not they will take +4 damage from others using melee weapons.
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    kjeron said:

Are you testing it on party members or non-party NPC's? Easy and Normal difficulty reduce the damage party members take, regardless of who its from.
    Is your target equipped with a melee weapon(or unarmed monk)? If not they will take +4 damage from others using melee weapons.

I tested it on party members and all of them eqipped with a melee weapon ,but sometime I still got both lower and higher than showed status bar.

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    NSAgov770 said:

kjeron said:

I tested it on party members and all of them eqipped with a melee weapon ,but sometime I still got both lower and higher than showed status bar.

As @kjeron said, if you're playing on normal difficulty, all damage your guys take is reduced, so if you normally have a minimum damage of 4 that will get reduced slightly and result in a new minimum damage of 3. Against enemies you'll still have a minimum of 4. (Alternately, if you increase the difficulty to Core or higher you'll start seeing a minimum of 4 in your tests again.)

As for the higher maximum... there are a number of things that could be resulting in a higher maximum. I believe elemental damage isn't factored into the damage displayed on the character screen. Critical hits deal extra damage if the target isn't wearing a helmet.

What weapon are you testing with? What difficulty level is your game set to? Is the character you're attacking wearing a helmet?
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    It is customization weapon, a long sword that have 0d6 but deal magic dmg around 2d12+3. It seem @kjeron is correct about difficulty because after I set i to core, it deal dmg as it should be now.

BTW, after I have several tests, it seems 0d6 or 1d6 weapon won't have a proficiency bonus.