Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Quenash - Source of correct answer about Vail

I know what the answer should be, but probably got that from a walkthrough or discussion some time ago. Having just gone through again, where do you legitimately get the information about Vail to answer Quenash's question? I don't think Degrodel or Vail mention Vail's race or hair colour.

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 319
    When you learn from Vail about his girlfriend you get a journal entry which states he is an elf, if you did not see it already.
    In the choices to answer Quenas there are two choices for elf
    *His hair was red, a striking color for an elf.* meaning this is very unlikely
    *An elf he was, and his hair was blond as the sunlight.* which is usually the case and is the correct choice.

So it is a bit of deduction but not too hard.
    createaccountArtonaLoldrup
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 365
    Couldn't you tell he uses the elf sprite and has blond hair?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 319
    Bigfish said:

I could not with the zoom I had, maybe it's possible. But then, you wouldn't really keep a memory of such detail, how could you know someone would ask about that. So I used above deduction process.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 363
    I learnt his race illegaly, because I obsessively ctrl+q every named NPC to my party to check their stats and equipment. But still, info is in his diary.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 365

Bigfish said:

I could not with the zoom I had, maybe it's possible. But then, you wouldn't really keep a memory of such detail, how could you know someone would ask about that. So I used above deduction process.
    I was just kiddding. It IS a pretty ridiculous detail for someone to think anyone sits down and evaluates someone's race and hair color based on their sprite.