Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How noticeable are the fewer points Assassins get?

JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 984
I've been playing a dwarven assassin in DDO lately, and he's proven to be my favorite character I've ever made on there. Never expected that when I made him out of the blue.

Anyhoo, since I've never done one, I'm curious at how noticeable the lack of points an Assassin gets compared to a base Rogue Thief? I mean, sure, I'll do my darndest to keep Imoen in my party anyway, she can easily back me up and cover things I'm lacking, but still, I like to be more reliant on my own characters, even if I run a full party.
DreadKhan

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,163
    Assassins are pretty gimped abilitywise unless you meta like crazy, dwarves having the hardest time. A halfling Assassin shouldn't have any hassles in bg2 with gear, but might need to use potions in bg1.

You likely will be a ****ty pickpocket too fwiw.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 17
    Pretty darn noticeable. Most people take a second thief along with their assassin so they'll have somebody to do everything but the backstabs.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 984
    DreadKhan said:

You likely will be a ****ty pickpocket too fwiw.

Wait, people actually pick pocket? (I kid, I know there are a couple nice goodies.)

Well, I guess it gives me as good a reason as any to actually use those thieving potions. Normally I horde those like crazy and never actually use them (like pretty much every other potion.) I take it I should focus on sneaky stealthy ways before anything else.
    Mathsorcerer