Skip to content

Noblise Oblige

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
1: Charname (Fighter, so you can be the lord of a castle and the surrounding lands)
2: Sir Keldorn Firecam (Nobleman)
3: Sir Anomen Delryn (Nobleman)
4: Nalia de'Arnise (Noblewoman)
5: Valygar Corthala (Nobleman)

That makes a party of 5. If making a party of pure nobility, who would be the best person for the 6th slot?

The party has a fighter, a fighter->cleric, a thief->mage, a paladin and a stalker. So it is pretty balanced, all things considered. With 2 front liners, a healer, a thief and a mage.

From a RP perspective...I'm thinking a female kensai dual classed to mage. Fighter levels means that she can do the fighter stronghold. The sword and robes look certainly feels noble. And it gives the romance with Anomen.

Options...

(1) Haer'Dalis? Not a noble. But he is a bard...

(2) Jaheira? Technically she is of noble blood, but she was raised by druids and doesn't identify as a noble.

(3) Mazzy? She's not a noble...or even a knight. But she forces Valygar to be her squire.

Having trouble of thinking of who would be the best 6th member...
JuliusBorisovMontresor_SPStummvonBordwehrShikaoMathsorcerer

Comments

• profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    edited September 2017
    I'd go with Jaheira. Her sense of entitlement and implicit superiority screams "NOBILITY" as loudly as any crown or signet ring could. Also, Anomen calls her "Lady Jaheira" in a (TOB?) banter, and recognizes her as someone of noble upbringing. Fits in nicely skillwise, too.

Nobbyless Obligay.

Edit: Added question mark.
    Post edited by profanitywarning on
    Grum
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    If you don't mind mod NPCs you could give Isra a try. I don't remember if she's a true noble, but at the very least she's acting like one.
    Arctodustbone1
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    6. Banana! (Noblefruit)
    tbone1
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Edwin, the Oddesseiron family is one of the leading dynasties of Thay, even if Edwin seems to be a bit of a black sheep of the family. His uncle Homen is/was Tharchion of Surthay and pretty close to Szass Tham himself.

Really? I never knew that. Where could I go to learn more?
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Huh. Interesting. I learned something new. Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Edwin of course.

And Viconia, the DeVir family was Drow nobility surely?
    Aedantbone1
    Not sure drow even have formal nobility. Seems to me like those who happen to have lots of power are treated as such, until they don't, and can be treated like garbage.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Not sure drow even have formal nobility. Seems to me like those who happen to have lots of power are treated as such, until they don't, and can be treated like garbage.

They are *first family* or such - but only as long as they have enough power or are favoured by Lloth. And Viconia's family has lost its power and she played a crucial role in it, that's why she had to flee the Underdark.
    KuselBleriot
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited September 2017
    'Ctrl Q' Lady Delcia De'Arnise into your party. I'm sure she could drive your enemies insane with her condescension. Keeper her a free Emotion: Despair special power to use once a day and she might even be useful...
    ronaldoThacoBellArctodus
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    lol, to tell the truth it's 50:50 whether she lives in many of my games, well worth the rep loss to butcher her. Most of my evil Bhaalspawns are half-orcs and it just seems right to slaughter anyone who condescends at all let alone that much, especially once they've got some serious levels under the belt and can feel that Murderous essence frothing and bubbling for an outlet >:)

It's not so different in RL IMO.
    William the Bastard would still be known as William the Bastard were it not for 1066.

Are bloodlines respected? FR seems to be a place where who you are descended from or related to holds some sway.

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Save a spot for Sarevok, he was briefly a Grand Duke. :)
    GrumArtonaThacoBellMathsorcerer
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Ajantis, Isra, and Ninde are among the eligible mods I think. I would go LN for the character and uphold the feudal system ;). Valygar seems borderline to me, that family has rather fallen on hard times...
    edited September 2017
    removed because of stupidity on my part.
    Post edited by profanitywarning on
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    tbone1 said:

Jan Jansen, Grand Master Flasher

I never knew Jan was an old-school rapper.

tbone1ThacoBellMantis37
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

tbone1 said:

When I wrote that, I knew that if only one person got that I'd be happy..

Mathsorcerer
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Definitely. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five laid the foundation for socially-conscious rap/hip-hop which would follow in later years/decades and they are also credited with the first use of recorded scratching on an album (the technique was already in use by MCs in clubs but no one had actually recorded before they did). Enough music history for today, though.
    Artonatbone1
    tbone1 said:

tbone1 said:

When I wrote that, I knew that if only one person got that I'd be happy..

"Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the...... edge"
    and
    "It makes me wonder how I keep from going under."

I used to say that to my children (with the accent and rythym) and never realised that they didn't know why until relatively recently.

tbone1Mathsorcerer
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    In my case, it was quoting the title of George Clinton's "Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow".