Skip to content

My console has gone senile

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
It refuses to remember my previously typed commands, even after a save. It is stuck with the list from a week ago. Every time I have to type in my commands by hand, which is a pain in the butt. What's going on? And while I'm at it, can anybody tell me why setting the movies settings in baldur.lua to 0 doesn't stop the introduction and logo movies? I hate them to death by now.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited September 2017
    I recall @JuliusBorisov having a similar issue with changes made to his baldur.lua file being reverted every time he started the game... I think it had something to do with the baldur.ini file and Russian characters (letters). If you are also using a Russian computer it may be the same issue.

Edit: I found the thread about that issue. Have a look and see if it is the same thing you have. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48704/help-to-get-into-the-root-of-this-problem-baldur-lua-file-on-windows-xp
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    That problem had been fixed before 2.0 was released, though.

Does the lua file save any changes for you? Try with any in-game options, close the game and open it again.

Or is it only for the commands that are not saved?
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    The commands problem turned out to be because I had made the file read-only. It had been resetting, for some reason. Now I unchecked the box, and the commands are remembered again. But I still can't get the movies to not play. Any ideas? I'm sick to death of them, with the amount of testing I do.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Maybe the line doesn't work. Try to file a bug report on support.baldursgate.com
    That's a long shot into the future. I'd rather hear of any workarounds people might have discovered. Like replacing the files with something?
    @chimeric Why not just move or delete the movies folder from your game directory? The game cant play movies that it cant find or movies that don't exist.
    It crashes.
    Really? I find that odd... By default, BG1:EE tries to play several movies that do not exist. For instance: when you go to Beregost for the first time in a run the game will try to play the Beregost movie, but the movie does not exist so no movie plays. If the game were to really crash because it couldn't find a movie then I don't see how you could play the game, unless you avoided Beregost and any other places/events that played nonexistent movies. I removed the Movies folder from my game directory and the game started just fine, and without playing any movies.
    No, it crashed when I tried replacing files with blanks. The files need to be there for Near Infinity to know which game it is.