Skip to content

(BGEE) Instant gameover for no reason (not Marek quest)

So earlier I was playing and pulled a group of 3 black bears in the area SE of Beregost. Had everyone ranging and kiting for a sec, and all the sudden the UI disappears and the gameover video plays. Afterwards, I see no damage taken or deaths reported in the log, and my entire sidebar of party members is just blank black squares.

Anyone else ever had this glitch occur? And is there some way to circumvent it?

Was trying to do a no reload playthrough and while this *shouldn't* count it's really frustrating to think it could continue happening.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What platform and OS are you playing on? Did you mod the game?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    It's a bug and not particularly uncommon unfortunately. If the portraits of characters disappear as opposed to showing someone still there, but dead, you know it's a bug.
  • ArtOfShredArtOfShred Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2017
    Ooh took me a bit but found another thread about it:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64178/instant-death-game-overs-for-no-reason

I should have specified I'm on PC (GOG) and do have a modded setup, but according to the other post it occurs in the unmodded game too.

Anyone found a workaround? Or some kind of consistent way to replicate it?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Overloading an area with projectile particles will do this, easy to reproduce with the right(wrong) mods, but I've not seen it otherwise.
  • ArtOfShredArtOfShred Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2017
    Ooh hmm that might explain why the other post mentions it happening with alot of aoe explosions going off.

Odd though as in this case there were just a few arrows/bullets flying. I'm not using any mods that modify any projectile effects either (I'd post the weidu log but I'm at work atm).