Skip to content

A Question About Stats

It's been a long time since I played PST so I'm a little hazy on alot of the details...Is it worth increasing INT or WIS over and above 19? I can see the benefit of doing so with say STR or DEX but I'm unsure what benefits 20+ INT would provide. :/

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    WIS is usually the first stat you want to get to 25, both for the expanded dialogue options it provides and for the bonus it provides to earned XP.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Ok so going over 19 does actually add additional dialogue options? I was wondering whether 19 was high enough for all wis checks.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited September 2017
    Mush_Mush said:

It's been a long time since I played PST so I'm a little hazy on alot of the details...Is it worth increasing INT or WIS over and above 19? I can see the benefit of doing so with say STR or DEX but I'm unsure what benefits 20+ INT would provide. :/

Actually I never start with more than 13 DEX (the Dustmen-neckbreak-threshold). There are no ranged weapons for TNO, there is Annah for being a good thief and with the available equipment AC is high enough without more DEX.
    Mush_Mush said:

Ok so going over 19 does actually add additional dialogue options? I was wondering whether 19 was high enough for all wis checks.

More than 19 WIS will give a higher bonus to XP earned
    http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes#Wisdom
    and will be critical to the way you may be able to solve some late-game problems.

Some attributes don’t need to be raised to 25 (the maximum).
    e.g. Charisma - with the Friends spell as a Mage you gain 2-8 points of CHA, so if you reload if necessary you only need a CHA of 17 to have 25 the few times it is needed.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I knew I saw it somewhere and it's even on these very forums! Great post by @Abel -> Dialogs Stats Checks Analysis. I bookmarked it this time to find it easier in future ^_^
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    You can get a number of wisdom and other points late in the game so raising them to 25 early using characteristic points can be wasted.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Thanks for the link @Shikao That looks interesting.
    mf2112 said:

You can get a number of wisdom and other points late in the game so raising them to 25 early using characteristic points can be wasted.

Yea I was thinkin that might be the case. So far I have been alternating between INT n WIS when I get Char points.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.