Skip to content

A Question About Stats

It's been a long time since I played PST so I'm a little hazy on alot of the details...Is it worth increasing INT or WIS over and above 19? I can see the benefit of doing so with say STR or DEX but I'm unsure what benefits 20+ INT would provide. :/

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    WIS is usually the first stat you want to get to 25, both for the expanded dialogue options it provides and for the bonus it provides to earned XP.
    Mush_Mush
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Ok so going over 19 does actually add additional dialogue options? I was wondering whether 19 was high enough for all wis checks.
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    edited September 2017
    Mush_Mush said:

It's been a long time since I played PST so I'm a little hazy on alot of the details...Is it worth increasing INT or WIS over and above 19? I can see the benefit of doing so with say STR or DEX but I'm unsure what benefits 20+ INT would provide. :/

Actually I never start with more than 13 DEX (the Dustmen-neckbreak-threshold). There are no ranged weapons for TNO, there is Annah for being a good thief and with the available equipment AC is high enough without more DEX.
    Mush_Mush said:

Ok so going over 19 does actually add additional dialogue options? I was wondering whether 19 was high enough for all wis checks.

More than 19 WIS will give a higher bonus to XP earned
    http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Attributes#Wisdom
    and will be critical to the way you may be able to solve some late-game problems.

Some attributes don’t need to be raised to 25 (the maximum).
    e.g. Charisma - with the Friends spell as a Mage you gain 2-8 points of CHA, so if you reload if necessary you only need a CHA of 17 to have 25 the few times it is needed.
    Mush_Mush
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I knew I saw it somewhere and it's even on these very forums! Great post by @Abel -> Dialogs Stats Checks Analysis. I bookmarked it this time to find it easier in future ^_^
    Mush_MushConjurerDragonAbel
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    You can get a number of wisdom and other points late in the game so raising them to 25 early using characteristic points can be wasted.
    Mush_Mush
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Thanks for the link @Shikao That looks interesting.
    mf2112 said:

You can get a number of wisdom and other points late in the game so raising them to 25 early using characteristic points can be wasted.

Yea I was thinkin that might be the case. So far I have been alternating between INT n WIS when I get Char points.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov