The Chaos Sorcerer: A Wild Magic Kit for Sorcerers
Download latest release (2.3 MB)
This mod introduces the kit "Chaos Sorcerer" kit which can be seen as the Wild Mage counterpart for the Sorcerer class. It is available for BG1:EE (with or without SoD), BG2:EE, EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) and IWD:EE. All patch versions are supported. The mod is currently available in English, German and Polish. Chaos SorcererA Wild Magic Sorcerer kit for BG:EE (with or without SoD), BG2:EE, EET and IWD:EE
Unlike Wild Mages, who struggle to comprehend the chaotic magic of damaged and distorted parts of the Weave, Chaos Sorcerers learned to derive their power from the Elemental Chaos itself – a plane that is largely unknown to most inhabitants of Toril.
The Elemental Chaos is a place of primeval entropy and discord, and not even the most seasoned practitioners can account for the inherent unpredictability of such forces. As a result chaos sorcerers have to rely on their agility and strong reflexes to slip out of the way of their own, often unpredictable, spells. Being exposed to this particular type of magic gradually increases the caster's resistance to all forms or magical energy. A basic understanding of the nature of Chaos is required to walk this most dangerous of paths.Advantages:
- May cast the 1st-level spells Chaotic Weave and Surge Control (automatically added to spell list).
- May cast the 2nd-level spell Unluck (automatically added to spell list).
- May cast the 3rd-level spell Chaos Shield (automatically added to spell list).
- May cast the 5th-level spell Conjure Chaos Elemental (automatically added to spell list).
- May cast the 7th-level spells Nahal's Wildstrike and Conjure Greater Chaos Elemental (automatically added to spell list).
- 1st level: +1 bonus to Saves vs. Spell.
- 5th level: +1 bonus to Dexterity.
- 6th level: +1 bonus to Saves vs. Spell.
- 8th level: +5% Magic Resistance.
- 11th level: +1 bonus to Saves vs. Spell.
- 15th level: +1 bonus to Dexterity.
- 16th level: +1 bonus to Saves vs. Spell.
- 16th level: +5% Magic Resistance.
- 21st level: +1 bonus to Saves vs. Spell.
- 24th level: +5% Magic Resistance.
- Incurs a -2 penalty to Strength and Constitution.
- Alignment restricted to chaotic good, chaotic neutral and chaotic evil.
- May cast fewer spells per level per day.
- Upon casting a spell, there is a 5% chance of incurring a wild surge.
A wild surge generates a completely random magical effect from the spell being cast. Its effects may be either beneficial or detrimental to the Chaos Sorcerer and his/her allies.
- Casting level varies slightly whenever he/she casts a spell—anywhere between five levels lower and five levels higher than the Chaos Sorcerer's true level.
The mod does also make some changes to the spell selection of Wild Mages:
- New level 1 spell "Surge Control" applies a slim chance to avert the next Wild Surge.
- New level 2 spell "Unluck" can be seen as the negative counterpart of the "Luck" spell.
- "Chaos Shield" merges with "Improved Chaos Shield" and becomes a level 3 spell that starts with a +15 wild surge bonus and improves to +20 and +25 at higher levels.
- New level 7 spell "Nahal's Wildstrike" surrounds the target with an aura of chaotic energies. Each time the target casts a spell will trigger a wild surge with unpredictable results.
These additions are also available to the Chaos Sorcerer. However, "Nahal's Reckless Dweomer" is replaced by "Chaotic Weave".
Feel free to post your thoughts, suggestions, questions or any bugs you encounter.