Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Greenstone Amulet

Does anyone have a complete list of the spells/effects that the Greenstone Amulet protects against? I've checked the Baldur's Fate Wiki which says: "Greenstone amulet protects the wearer of against status effects that effect the mind like charm, confusion, fear, sleep, feeblemind etc at the cost of one charge and will last 1 turn," and I was wondering what the 'etc' covered? Does it, for example, protect against Rigid Thinking?

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Greenstone_Amulet

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 3,192
    @JuliusBorisov
    Thanks Julius. It is much more powerful than I thought. It is one of those items I have always overlooked but it's going right to the top of my shopping list.

JuliusBorisovAndreaColomboStummvonBordwehr
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 821
    I always end up buying the amulet and placing it onto one of my characters, a tank normally, but then I end up forgetting about it and not really using it very often, to the point that I recharge it maybe once at a store..

I tend to end up just making sure to interrupt spellcasters rather than protect myself from the effects if they manage to get it off.

UnderstandMouseMagicdunbarGreenWarlockThacoBell
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,132
    The item's description mentions protection from ESP, and I've always wondered what that means—the only ESP I know is the guitar manufacturer.

JuliusBorisov
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,134
    ESP is Extra Sensory Perception, basically scrying by another name. It is a well known term in the world of the paranormal, and so became a spell name/effect in D&D, when looking for popular names for things to describe a fantasy setting.

AndreaColomboJuliusBorisovAedan
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 3,192
    Elendar said:

I always end up buying the amulet and placing it onto one of my characters, a tank normally, but then I end up forgetting about it and not really using it very often, to the point that I recharge it maybe once at a store..

I tend to end up just making sure to interrupt spellcasters rather than protect myself from the effects if they manage to get it off.

I decided I needed to get hold of it after a recent solo run came to an abrupt end when I ran into a Sirine. They get three attempts to Dire Charm you so you only need to miss one time and it is game over.

GreenWarlock