Skip to content

Localization Volunteer Team Roles

HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
edited September 2020 in General
Greeting, everyone!

We currently have many volunteer translation projects underway for the Infinity Engine games. The Translation Tool we host the projects on is intended to handle the large amount of text from the games and allow the translation teams to see up-to-date text changes from the developers.

Each translation team should have people with the following roles:

Team Lead (1 per project)
  • Ensure the completion of the translation project.
  • Communicate with our Localization Coordinator and with the rest of the translation team.
  • Assign roles to team members and ensure they have access to the tools they need.
  • Maintain an up-to-date version of the credits list for the team that we can add to the game.
Editor
  • Accept or reject suggestions from Translators.
  • Proofread the text and fix any existing errors.
  • Recommend other Editors or Translators to the Team Lead.
  • Report misuse of the Translation Tool to the Team Lead.
Translator
  • The best people to translate strings from English to the native language.
  • Suggest changes to existing strings.

Anyone interested in joining a translation team should contact the corresponding Team Lead, who can be found on the respective team listing here in the Volunteering section.

If you are interested in starting a new localization project, or if you have questions not covered by the information in this section, you should contact our Localization Coordinator at localization@beamdog.com.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Hello, I want to start translating planescape, is there any tutorial on how to find the text files? and also what software to recommend and to test? thank you very much for the support
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @anastiel The text of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is hosted on our Translation Tool, which is used to translate the text into other languages. Available languages are shown on the PST:EE project page. However, there is no Brazilian Portuguese project for PST:EE yet. If you are interested in translating the game, we could start a project for it. But we can continue this discussion over in the Portuguese forum. I've made a post there.
  • Doctor_LinDoctor_Lin Member Posts: 1
    Hello,I want to join the Chinese translation team,but i can't find any information about it,do you have any suggestions? Thank!!
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    @Doctor_Lin Thanks for your notification. I've sent you a direct message.
  • JavdetJavdet Member Posts: 1
    Greetings @Hurricane!

I would like to join Russian translation team for Planscape: Torment or any of the untranslated projects. Is it possible yet?
    Thanks a lot.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Javdet wrote: »
    Greetings @Hurricane!

I would like to join Russian translation team for Planscape: Torment or any of the untranslated projects. Is it possible yet?
    Thanks a lot.

If you are interested in starting a new localization project, or if you have questions not covered by the information in this section, you should contact our Localization Coordinator at loc@beamdog.com.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JuliusBorisov
    Just to let you know that I receive NO support from the new Localization Coordinator - no answer to my mail, no concrete action on the tool to fix problems and so on.
  • jameslawjameslaw Member Posts: 5
    Hello, I would like to join the Portuguese translation team for any game. Who can I contact?
  • thiagodcfthiagodcf Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2022
    I want to help with PT-BR for BG2EE. @Hurricane add me to the project
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    thiagodcf wrote: »

You need to send an email.
    Hurricane wrote: »
    If you are interested in starting a new localization project, or if you have questions not covered by the information in this section, you should contact our Localization Coordinator at localization@beamdog.com.
  • thiagodcfthiagodcf Member Posts: 9
    thiagodcf wrote: »

You need to send an email.
    Hurricane wrote: »

qo9dt22aq10g.png