Skip to content

Character Viewer / Sprite Sheet

Hey guys,

Is there any program or website where I can browse the different characters/sprites from BG/IWD?
I'm asking because I've been messing around a bit with EE Keeper, and it's pretty cool that it allows me to, for example, change a character into a goblin but... It has a crap-load of goblins, and the only way I can see the different types is by changing my character into (for example) Goblin1, load the game, look at it; change it to Goblin2, load the game, look at it, etc... It's time consuming and boring.
So... Yeah. Any help?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Maybe NearInifinity? I'm not well versed in it, but it lets you view any game file.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Thanks @ThacoBell, I'll try NearInfinity when I get home. :)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    - In game select player 1
    - use STRG+6 to scroll through all types of animations for the pc
    (I'm not sure if you need to have debug mode activated in baldur.lua for those functions to work.)

You can view the animation bam files in Near Infinity, the main problem is that you need to know how the IDS references for the animations are related to the various bam files. I don't know by heart but there are tutorials for it, it is a bit cryptic.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    This may also work for you.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2017
    Thanks everyone. :D

@PaulaMigrate This is unrelated to the thread, but your portrait is very pretty, do you happen to have a link to the original? :)

This may also work for you.

This actually helps a lot, and is easier than messing around with NI. Thank you so much!
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Dev6 said:

@PaulaMigrate This is unrelated to the thread, but your portrait is very pretty, do you happen to have a link to the original? :)

I *stole* it from the alternate portraits vault in the Sandrah NPC mod. The mod author selected another one as the alternate for her NPC, I think that the amulet did not fit the priestess of Mystra. She took this one instead

It may fit the character better because of that slightly wicked smile that's just right for Cyric's granddaughter. The discarded one I took has more sadness than Sandrah would display.