Skip to content

Corwin stuck?

AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
I have Corwin in my party (active romance, so far as I know). Now, she suddenly stops walking all the time (her cursor "disappears" as well). I believe she's supposed to stop and initiate a dialogue, but nothing is coming. I can't keep her, if I don't find a solution. Can I trigger/force the next dialog? Or just kill it?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like a stutter bug.
    There is ap acked version of the tool at Kerzenburgforum (don't be scared by the German):
    https://baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=38
    You only have to adjust the patched scripts to the ones Corwin is using.
    Then you can look the culprit script block up with NI (Near Infinity).
    AstafasJuliusBorisov
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    jastey said:

Sounds like a stutter bug.
    There is ap acked version of the tool at Kerzenburgforum (don't be scared by the German):
    https://baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=38
    You only have to adjust the patched scripts to the ones Corwin is using.
    Then you can look the culprit script block up with NI (Near Infinity).

Oh my, that is far beyond my meager skills... Guess I'll have to kick her out, then. :-/ Thanks for the clarification!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2017
    I could provide the stutter tool but it's of little use if you have no possibility to look up which script block it is in your install. :-(
    Maybe link a save game and someone might have a look at the variables? Do you have mods installed?
    jastey said:

I could provide the stutter tool but it's of little use if you have no possibility to look up which script block it is in your install. :-(
    Maybe link a save game and someone might have a look at the variables? Do you have mods installed?

I ditched her and invited Dorn instead. Not so many hours left... Thanks anyway! (no mods)
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited November 2017
    Astafas said:

jastey said:

I ditched her and invited Dorn instead. Not so many hours left... Thanks anyway! (no mods)
    @jastey 's method is the right way to look at such bugs.
    You should post a savegame of the situation, then someone can find the stutter block unless it's unique to your install.
    Astafas
    This is the file (zipped), in case anyone is interested!
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    It is this block in Corwins script

IF
    Global("bd_corwin_skie_comment","locals",1)
    GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",350)
    !See("bdskie") // Skie
    Delay(3)
    IfValidForPartyDialog(Myself)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
    END

The reason why it fails is in Corwin's joined dialogue which contains the AreaCheck("bd4000")- but you are not in that area but in BD3000.

Either the area check is missing in the script or the area check in the dialogue is wrong.

You can solve the issue with console
    C:SetGlobal("bd_corwin_skie_comment","locals",2) >>>You must have Corwin selected when doing the input
    or by
    removing the area check from Trigger 11 in BDCorwinJ.dlg (state157).

Balquo
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I applied PaulaMigrate's fix directly to your save. If you haven't gotten too far with Dorn then feel free to continue once more with Corwin. But Dorn works too :)

As a side note, this is a known issue and should be fixed in a future patch.
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/30007
    ArdanisJuliusBorisov
    @PaulaMigrate and @Balquo, you're the best! Amazing!! :-)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    This kind of help is what makes the BG community so great!
    AstafasJuliusBorisov