Skip to content

Drow Illusion bug

So I am now in chapter 5 in the drow city, but the drow illusion has a cosmetic bug where everyone in my party is an elf, but a surface elf (the skin and hair color is the same as their previous form). I've made a lot of research, and have seen it is a known issue (for over a year since the version 2.0)

That being said, I found a fix by one of the modder, Tresset and he posted the solution here : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/899625/#Comment_899625

The only problem is that I don't know how to use the SPL file (not being from the mod community). I understand that I just need to override the file situated in the spell.bif that is in the data folder though.I downloaded WinBIFF, but all I can do is extract the SPL file that I need to override.

Can someone tell me how to easily override those file ? It doesn't seem that hard of a task lol

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You have to put the file by @Tresset to your override folder, not the data folder.
  • DarknemsDarknems Member Posts: 3
    what is the override folder ?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Darknems said:

what is the override folder ?

Here's a picture of the folder from BG2. If there is no such folder in your install, just create a new folder named 'override' and put all the files from the zip in there.
  • DarknemsDarknems Member Posts: 3
    oh ok thx