Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights EE

Comments

• DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Cool.

Bring it to IOS and I will buy it.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    Sigh... So no Android release, eh? Damn... This would've made a great game on Android, like KOTOR.
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    I have a good feeling that you'll be releasing this just in time for the holidays. Good stuff Beamdog.

(I reserve the right to retract this comment if it is "Coming Soon: Summer 2019.")
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Hello @niv ! We're looking forward to driving you crazy!
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Hapo to be a part if the Community, This game brings back joyful memories playing the solo campaign and literally thousands of fan created modules....i hope we get all the Classes and Races of the expansions as well !!!!!
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    When can I be down for the beta?
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    GarrusN7 said:

Sigh... So no Android release, eh? Damn... This would've made a great game on Android, like KOTOR.

Okay, who ran the pool and who chose 21.
  • UT47UT47 Member Posts: 1
    I am so happy about this, can't wait to get playing again.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    This is amazing, I've played NWN so much with friends over the years. It's only a couple of years ago we stopped playing.

Welcome to the Neverwinter Nights forums. I'm so happy to be finally able to talk about this.

First, thank you. Second, ... I guess I should wait until the twitch stream, huh? :|

• DurendalDurendal Member Posts: 32

Welcome to the new subforum! We sincerely hope this forum will be a new home for the NWN community! @niv , who is a programmer on NWN:EE, an admin of neverwintervault.org, and just a very intelligent and talented person, has joined the moderation team to help us welcome and cherish every NWN fan!

I was already excited, but bringing on board someone who has a stake in the existing community is extremely promising.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I think the shorthand for this version should be nEwEn. Let's make it happen!
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    An awesome news!
  • Sylvius_the_MadSylvius_the_Mad Member Posts: 23
    A brilliant game, but one that no longer runs reliably on modern computers. I'm very happy to see an Enhanced Edition.

I do hope they've fixed friendly fire, though. It worked at release, but then a patch (patch 3, if I recall correctly) disabled it for enemies, which irritated me greatly.
  • ZuTheSkunkZuTheSkunk Member Posts: 19
    You guys should really consider an Android release. It's only thanks to being able to play these games while on a bus and such that I was able to actually complete Icewind Dale for the first time.

On a side note, that space between "Neverwinter" and "Nights" bugs me so much.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Part of me wants to ask “When’s it out?” while the rest of me knows the only answer I’ll get is “Soon.”
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    tbone1 said:

GarrusN7 said:

Didn't understand what you meant at all, lol.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Never played NWN when it came out back in the day. If there is a linux version I will pick it up and give it a shot...
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Not gonna lie, I'm somewhat disappointed. While I've been extremely supportive of what you guys have done so far (I own all EE and think they are well worth their prices), this doesn't cut it for me. I mean, the most obvious aspect of the game that clearly needed an 'enhancement' is the graphics and in the video, the game looks as ugly as ever. And you don't have the excuse of not having the assets this time...
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    There's only so much they can do.
  • acidchalkacidchalk Member Posts: 70
    Steam workshop support!!!!
    GarrusN7 said:

tbone1 said:

GarrusN7 said:

Didn't understand what you meant at all, lol.
    Every time something is announced and Android is not immediately available, someone will ask about Android support/availability. So some of us are taking turns tomrun pools on how deep into each announcement or support thread takes before a question about Android support is asked. First person to win five pools gets a free gazebo.
    Mera said:

Not gonna lie, I'm somewhat disappointed. While I've been extremely supportive of what you guys have done so far (I own all EE and think they are well worth their prices), this doesn't cut it for me. I mean, the most obvious aspect of the game that clearly needed an 'enhancement' is the graphics and in the video, the game looks as ugly as ever. And you don't have the excuse of not having the assets this time...

NWN's graphics were literally the last time I thought a graphical advancement improved a game. I loved having a 3D camera I could rotate.

Every graphical advancement since then has been a waste of resources. I love that Beamdog hasn't wasted zots on graphics.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I don't have sound while watching twitch sream :(
  • bdtgazobdtgazo Member Posts: 49
    This is great news. I haven't stopped playing since the game came out. Still playing, still modding. Can't wait to see what they do.

Seeing some trepidation in a few of the proceeding posts... Beamdog to me seems first and foremost a group of devs who really love the games they work on. I can't imagine they are going to put profit over quality and sacrifice the things that made the original NWN so good. They are taking another awesome game that was ahead of its time, and breathing new life into it.

This is a dream come true. Way to go BD!

We've just started. This isn't the release, just the start of the beta. We wanted the community involved with the development as we drive it forward.

Cool.

Please restore friendly fire to the version that was in NWN at release. As I see it, that's the only thing wrong with NWN. Otherwise it's a brilliant game. Top 5 all-time.
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    Mera said:

they dont want to make it unplayable with custom content. if you were a creator and suddenly this meant you had to redo all the content you had made, you would be upset. Instead its backward compatible and once everything is unlocked it will give more access to devs and designers to then work on the artwork after its stable on the newest machines without having to run compatible
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    Mera said:

Funny thing with BG EE and the rest of the infinity engine EEs, they survive the test of time a bit better due to the isometric view. NWN EE on the other hand looks insanely dated here in this version of the game since it's 3d.

To be honest, I never played NWN with the same amount of time or interest that most of the NWN community would say they had for the game. Just had bad timing on the game's release and being busy with other things in life. So yeah comparatively speaking my past experience with the game is pretty casual.

With that said I probably wouldn't be able to get past how the graphics are if they looked close to this at release. I know diehard players who really love a game don't really tend to care how it looks, even years later, but yeah... NWN EE (at this point in time) to me is looking pretty graphically rough for 2017.

I'd definitely be more interested in buying it if the visuals were improved enough though. No idea how far they can reasonably go with graphics improvements on a game this old and for the purposes of an "enhanced edition" (as opposed to a full-on remake), but I think attention to the way the game looks for this day and age is probably important for really sell the game to a general audience.