Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Suggestions Thread: Structural (file formats, references, "hardcodedness", configuration)

12345679»

Comments

• Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 68

Any chance at unharcoding Holy Sword/Avenger?

@Grizzled_Dwarflord What do you mean, specifically? Do you mean for the item to function as the PnP description? That being, a +2 sword in the hands of any class other than a paladin, but with its item properties fully activated in the hands of a paladin?

• zunathzunath Member Posts: 85
    I've been told the head ranges 50-99 and 200-255 aren't available in the toolset.

Two requests for this one:

1.) Allow 50-99 and 200-255 to be picked.
    2.) Increase the maximum size so we can have more than 255 heads available for selection.

Thanks!

tfox
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 93
    edited September 14

Any chance at unharcoding Holy Sword/Avenger?

@Grizzled_Dwarflord What do you mean, specifically? Do you mean for the item to function as the PnP description? That being, a +2 sword in the hands of any class other than a paladin, but with its item properties fully activated in the hands of a paladin?
    It's hardcoded so that it can't be modified. With the 1.69 patch, they capped the OnHit Dispel Effect to 10th level Paladin, which was an extreme nerf to the class. I'm not arguing for it to be changed, I'm arguing for it to be unhardcoded so that developers and PW Admins are free to make their own choice

Prince_RaymondGM_ODA
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 68
    edited September 15

It's hardcoded so that it can't be modified. With the 1.69 patch, they capped the OnHit Dispel Effect to 10th level Paladin, which was an extreme nerf to the class. I'm not arguing for it to be changed, I'm arguing for it to be unhardcoded so that developers and PW Admins are free to make their own choice

I understand, now. And I agree, it is an extreme nerf for an item that is supposed to be the aspiration of every paladin. If it were softcoded, perhaps the best way to modify the Holy Avenger without making it too powerful would be to make the dispel magic effect function the same way as its 3.5 counterpart.

Per the D20 SRD 3.5, It enables the wielder to use greater dispel magic (once per round as a standard action) at the class level of the paladin. (Only the area dispel is possible, not the targeted dispel or counterspell versions of greater dispel magic.) Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

GM_ODA
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 16,314
    zunath said:

I've been told the head ranges 50-99 and 200-255 aren't available in the toolset.

Two requests for this one:

1.) Allow 50-99 and 200-255 to be picked.
    2.) Increase the maximum size so we can have more than 255 heads available for selection.

Thanks!

https://trello.com/c/YH55y0Gy/214-improve-head-ranges-selection

Proont
  • CalliopeCalliope Member Posts: 1
    Heya,

I think it'd be awesome if NWN's had a spell check function like discord does so that if a word is miss spelled it will be underlined in red and then I can right click the word and get a small list of suggested word replacements that I can pick from.

Super helpful for those of us who play on Rp servers and are bad at spelling >_>

Sorry if this has already been suggested before or if I have posted in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread or not.

Thanks!
    -Calliope

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 16,314
    Calliope said:

Heya,

I think it'd be awesome if NWN's had a spell check function like discord does so that if a word is miss spelled it will be underlined in red and then I can right click the word and get a small list of suggested word replacements that I can pick from.

Super helpful for those of us who play on Rp servers and are bad at spelling >_>

Sorry if this has already been suggested before or if I have posted in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread or not.

Thanks!
    -Calliope

Any feedback to this?

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 891

Calliope said:

Heya,

Thanks!
    -Calliope

Any feedback to this?
    Not a priority I'd say.

Proont
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 14

Any feedback to this?

Personally I feel it's kinda waste of effort that would be better spent elsewhere.

• ProontProont Member Posts: 71

Calliope said:

Heya,

Thanks!
    -Calliope

Any feedback to this?
    Spellcheck would be nice, but not really a priority.

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 57

Any feedback to this?

Better something left for NWNx if anything.

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 569
    I don't think it would work well with nwnx because spellcheck is at the input level while nwnx would have to communicate to the game server, which then has to communicate to nwnx, which then has to run a spellcheck plugin, which sends it back to the server through nwnx, which then has to send it back to the player client. Alternatively the player inputs text in the client and it stays there until the player hits enter while spellcheck is done locally.