Skip to content

My take on SOD *spoilers*

Hi!
Just finished SOD for the first time and I must say that I really liked it! Apart from a few small, small things, I think that Beamdog have done an excellent job with SOD (and the series as a whole).

However, I do think the following should be undertaken as it would be befitting with the spirit of SOD, the BG-series and the changes Beamdog have made:

*Add some sort of mission to save Skie's soul in BGIIEE.
*Add the four new characters and Baeloth to BGIIEE. It seems such a pity to have such interesting characters for just a small part of the series.
*Add Caelar to TOB (to be resurrected the same way as Sarevok).

As this is quite a job, it might/should cost a few dollars but I think most of us would be prepared to pay that.

19 (or is it 20) years on and we're still playing the game. :smiley:

/J

Comments

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Unfortunately they've already said they won't be adding the SoD NPCs into BG2.
    I'm really happy to see someone else wants Caelar to come back. A shame it won't happen.
    I'd be more than glad to pay for a DLC that added that.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There is a mod under construction for Caelar, but its a ways away. Seriously though *cough* @TrentOster *cough* BG2 needs a small quest to close the soultaker plot hole.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Why won't the devs add the NPCs from SOD? Not economically viable, bored with the series or?
    A link to a previous answer would also do. Thanks!

/J
    I forget which thread it was mentioned in but I don't Beamdog gave a concrete answer on why. I suspect that its because of the huge flamewar that erupted across the internet over a minor optional npc. I was bad, someone killed themself over it. It doesn't help that the major writers for SoD are no longer with Beamdog (something I consider to be a big mistake).
    @ThacoBell someone killed themselves? what?! More info please, I completely missed that.

@MrSexton I don't remember the thread, but I believe it was @JuliusBorisov that made the announcement, maybe he can help?
    You should be able to find it with a google search. I don't want to dwell on it too much.
    Fair enough.