Skip to content

General mod Questions thread

Comments

• __Q____Q__ Member Posts: 29
    @kjeron @Arunsun Thanks, that's really helpful!

I'm trying to recreate Fell's Tattoo Parlor (from PS:T) in BG2:EE. I've had some success so far, but I haven't been able to get it to fully work.

I copied all of the following file types associated with the area and put them in my override folder (I didn't change any of the file names):

* ARE
    * BAM
    * BCS
    * BMP
    * CRE
    * DLG
    * ITM
    * MOS
    * MUS
    * PVRZ
    * STO
    * TIS
    * WAV
    * WED

I can get to the area (using the MoveToArea command) and my characters can only walk in the places they're supposed to be able to. However, the area is displaying the wrong creatures, containers, and exits. Instead of displaying the stuff for Fell's Tattoo Parlor (which is AR0404), it's showing the stuff for the AR0404 from BG2 (the sewers underneath the Copper Coronet).

I can't figure out why it's not working because when I view the area in NearInfinity, everything looks the way I want it to. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    It sounds like you have the wrong pvrz files. AR0404.ARE = A0404##.PVRZ, should be two of them, A040400.PVRZ and A040401.PVRZ. Otherwise I don't know.
  • __Q____Q__ Member Posts: 29
    @kjeron Yeah, I have both of those files.
  • RakhsevRakhsev Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2018
    I would like to cleanly remove cleric and mage spells from the game (mostly pure hp/damage summonings like animate dead, aerial servant), is there any way to do that ? I already dabbled in the DLTC editor.

Edit : I just changed the spell's Priest Type to PSA-Mage, looks fine for now. Leaving mages's summoning for now, they're less problematic.
    Post edited by Rakhsev on
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Hello, I am looking at creating a kit that can brew extremely powerful potions but these would increase intoxication for a while everytime one is used. Thus I am looking at OPcode 94 (Intoxication bonus) and I am not sure exactly how this interacts with the intoxcon.2da file.
    From where I stand Intoxication from beers bought in inns depends on constitution, as per the intoxcon.2da file. But is that true for the Intoxication that comes from OPcode 94? Like, the intoxication rate for a character with CON 15 will have an Intoxication rate of 10%, meaning intoxication from alcohol bought in inns will actually increase in toxicity by 10% of the toxicity value of such a an alcohol.
    But apparently this is not true for OPcode 94 since that one fake healing potion increases intoxication by 100, and this always got me drunk even with high CON). Can anyone confirm this?
    Also, the intoxmod.2da caps at 100. Is it possible to add new lines (say, up to 200 for example), and the modify the intoxication cap in intoxcon.2da to higher values? I mean, apparently these files were made for this but I am not sure anyone actually tested that
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited February 2018
    Actually I just went through the IESDP and they say that intoxcon.2da handles the "intoxication you get at once", so I guess no matter what you drink in a tavern you get a fixed value that depends solely on your constitution. Recovery rate and intoxication cap seem to be constant no matter the con, though one could edit the intoxcon file to change that.
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/intoxcon.htm

And intoxmod.2da handles the luck and morale bonus/malus you get based on intoxication.
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/files/2da/2da_bgee/intoxmod.htm
    But from what I saw from the intoxicating healing potion and now from the IESDP, opcode 94 doesn't take the intoxication rate column into account, it directly add intoxication regardless of that, and only the cap and the recovery rate matter.

Thank you a lot for your Stat Effect template, actually it kind of drastically broaden the possibilities with a whole new scope of possible effects as a reaction to intoxication.

And bless the IESDP people for working on every detail :smiley:
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I need some help with Opcode 214

It is not showing any spell that is custom, only the vanilla ones.

I triple-checked and there is no spelling error on the .tpa, the .spl or the .2da file.

I made two spells that use this opcode.

One has 4 spells created by me - none of them appear.

The other also has 4 spells, three from the game, one edited by me - only those from the game appear.

Opcode 214 is set with p2 = 0 (spells from 2da).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Are you sure the custom spells are making it into the override folder?
    They may not have correct icons or do anything when clicked, but at least "something" should show up for each spell otherwise.
    kjeron said:

Are you sure the custom spells are making it into the override folder?
    They may not have correct icons or do anything when clicked, but at least "something" should show up for each spell otherwise.

One of them was under a ACTION_IF and that was my mistake.

But the other one is not.

Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, my internet is down ATM.
    edited February 2018
    I have a hunch that maybe using ADD_SPELL may solve this problem, so I altered the code to look like this:

ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN ~RASHARE1~ ~RASHARE2~ ~RASHARE3~ ~RASHARE4~ BEGIN
    COPY ~Deities&Pantheons/Spl/BAM/%file%.bam~ ~override~
    LPF UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES
    RET
    original_base_index
    new_base_index
    END

ACTION_IF (original_base_index >= 0 AND new_base_index >= 0) BEGIN
    LAF INSTALL_PVRZ
    INT_VAR
    original_base_index
    new_base_index
    STR_VAR
    source_file = EVAL ~Deities&Pantheons/Spl/BAM/MOS%original_base_index%.pvrz~
    END
    END
    END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHAR5.vvc" override

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHAR5.spl" override SAY NAME1 @408 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @409 //Eyebite

ADD_SPELL "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE1.spl" 3 6 ~INNATE_RA_SHARCHARM~

ADD_SPELL "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE2.spl" 3 6 ~INNATE_RA_SHARFEAR~

ADD_SPELL "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE3.spl" 3 6 ~INNATE_RA_SHARSICKEN~

ADD_SPELL "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE4.spl" 3 6 ~INNATE_RA_SHARSLEEP~

COPY_EXISTING "RASHARE1.spl" override SAY NAME1 @410 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @410 //Charm Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Dominated%" END

COPY_EXISTING "RASHARE2.spl" override SAY NAME1 @411 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @411 //Fear Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Panic%" END

COPY_EXISTING "RASHARE3.spl" override SAY NAME1 @412 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @412 //Sicken Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_FoulDisease%" END

COPY_EXISTING "RASHARE4.spl" override SAY NAME1 @413 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @413 //Sleep Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Sleep%" END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Tables\RASHAR5.2da" override

But Weidu is giving me the following error:

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [RASHARE1.spl] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

What I'm doing wrong besides being completely lost and starting to embarrass myself?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

I don't think you need ADD_SPELL to use a spell with opcode 214. In fact I'm sure I use it with custom spells. ADD_SPELL is really just to make a spell available during character generation.

My guess would be that the .2da lists you are using with 214 are not properly formatted.

EDIT - or just missing icons.

I took the SPWI510.2da as a model and it is working fine for another 2da-based spell.

And the spells appear normally (with icons) when I AddSpell them.

Right now I did a test with another 2da and still bugged.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @Raduziel

I'm still a noob at WeiDU, but hopefully I understand what's happening here.

Adding to what subtledoctor said - if you are wondering why you are getting that error, that is simply WeiDU telling you that it can't find that SPL file in either the game's BIFFs or the override folder. This is because ADD_SPELL puts the spell you specify into the override folder, while also changing its name to the conventional spell naming syntax; I believe your spells are being named something like SPIN3**.SPL, while you are still trying to COPY_EXISTING the original names. At least, that's what I've grasped from the WeiDU docs.
    @Bubb Thanks, I returned to my original code after @subtledoctor comment that the ADD_SPELL was not necessaire, but the original problem persists.

The code actually is:
    ACTION_FOR_EACH file IN ~RASHARE1~ ~RASHARE2~ ~RASHARE3~ ~RASHARE4~ BEGIN
    COPY ~Deities&Pantheons/Spl/BAM/%file%.bam~ ~override~
    LPF UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES
    RET
    original_base_index
    new_base_index
    END

ACTION_IF (original_base_index >= 0 AND new_base_index >= 0) BEGIN
    LAF INSTALL_PVRZ
    INT_VAR
    original_base_index
    new_base_index
    STR_VAR
    source_file = EVAL ~Deities&Pantheons/Spl/BAM/MOS%original_base_index%.pvrz~
    END
    END
    END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHAR5.vvc" override

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHAR5.spl" override SAY NAME1 @408 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @409 //Eyebite

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE1.spl" override SAY NAME1 @410 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @410 //Charm Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Dominated%" END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE2.spl" override SAY NAME1 @411 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @411 //Fear Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Panic%" END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE3.spl" override SAY NAME1 @412 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @412 //Sicken Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_FoulDisease%" END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Spl\RASHARE4.spl" override SAY NAME1 @413 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @413 //Sleep Gaze
    LPF ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_parameter1 = 1 match_opcode = 139 parameter1 = EVAL "%RA_Sleep%" END

COPY "Deities&Pantheons\Tables\RASHAR5.2da" override
    The error is: once the spell is cast, the spell list related to RASHAR5.2da shows as blank.
    As usually happens, @subtledoctor was right.

The damn thing is fixed.

I edited SPWI510.2da directly inside DLTCEP and saved as RASHAR5.2da and it is fixed now.

Strange, because I did the same thing, but using a custom table (RASUNE4.2da). This spells functions perfectly, so I was resistant to the idea that the problem was formatting (especially after making the damn table four times before asking for help here and another time after it).

Thank you all! :D

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited February 2018
    I have a problem. I know how to restrict a kit from a stronghold through the AREA.bcs file. The method is thus :

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0900.bcs~ ~override~ DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(!Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER)[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]+!Kit(Player1,GODTALOS)\)~ ~\1 !Kit(Player1,OHTEMPUS)~ END BUT_ONLY

However, how do I add a kit check to a stronghold with WeiDU ? Let say I want to add a True Neutral Lorekeeper of Oghma to Lathander Stronghold, how would I change this :

IF Global("GaalSpoke","AR0900",1) OR(2) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER) OR(6) Class(Player1,CLERIC) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_CLERIC) Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE) Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC) Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER) !Kit(Player1,GODHELM) !Kit(Player1,GODTALOS) THEN RESPONSE #100 Wait(2) CreateCreature("bharval",[3077.1630],SW) // High Mornmaster Arval SetGlobal("GoodMask","AR0900",1) SetGlobal("GaalSpoke","AR0900",2) END

to this :

IF Global("GaalSpoke","AR0900",1) OR(4) Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD) Alignment(Player1,NEUTRAL) Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER) Kit(Player1,RAOGHM) OR(6) Class(Player1,CLERIC) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_CLERIC) Class(Player1,CLERIC_MAGE) Class(Player1,CLERIC_THIEF) Class(Player1,FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC) Class(Player1,CLERIC_RANGER) !Kit(Player1,GODHELM) !Kit(Player1,GODTALOS) THEN RESPONSE #100 Wait(2) CreateCreature("bharval",[3077.1630],SW) // High Mornmaster Arval SetGlobal("GoodMask","AR0900",1) SetGlobal("GaalSpoke","AR0900",2) END

Thanks !
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @subtledoctor Thanks, but I think I managed to find a way to get what I want. You can ignore my question.
    Ok, let's say I want to apply a kit to an NPC in an EET install that appears on both games.

Do I need to alter both BGEE and BG2EE .cre files related to that NPC or can I just alter those related to BGEE or EET creates .cre files of its own?

I remember reading somewhere that EET takes the .cre file from BGEE and uses it to replace the ones from BG2EE, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, @subtledoctor . That should do the trick.

Another question:

I have a tp2 that calls several .tpa.

One .tpa have several components that I want to give the player the option to install one by one. How can I do it?

I started with

MySoonToBeIgnoredModComponentX.tpa

ASK_EVERY_COMPONENT

BEGIN @X

//DOTHING//

END

BEGIN @X+1

//DOOTHERTHING//

END
    But I get a parsing error when I try to run this component this way.

Sure, I can make a .tpa for every @X, but if I can put everything under the same .tpa and give the player the option to decide what he-she wants to install it will become cleaner.

Also, I'm making a check that IDK if is correct:
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~SomeCustomFile.2da~)
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~)
    What I want: Just install this thing if another thing was installed previously and if you're aiming for the right game.

---

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Thanks, everything is solved :)

Had to make a bunch of .tpa but who's counting am I right?

Everything is running perfectly. Now I just need to finish coding some components.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I'd like to create an item that can deal only acid damage (say 1d10). How can I make this damage displayable in the Inventory Screen?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2018
    Noob WeiDU question here, tagging @subtledoctor because I know he/she can answer. I have a typical component install going on, and I want to be able to detect if a certain file is in he override folder, and then prompt the user if they still want to continue. How would I bring up this prompt? Thanks!

Edit: Figured it out. Sorry for bothering you subtledoctor o:)
    Post edited by Bubb on
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Luke93: I'm afraid that's hardcoded stuff. It's possible to make that visible, but only if Beamdog made a change to the source code. That's actually how IWD2 works by default.

As long as we're bothering @subtledoctor, how would I patch all critters to have expanded visual ranges? I think it was @Ardanis who pointed out the negative side effects of doing that, but I'd like to try and make out of it anyway, maybe by changing certain critters in, say, the Coalition Camp invasion to have only their original visual range values.