Skip to content

Restore Spell Uses On Login not working?

I have the following line in the nwnplayer.ini file of my server:

Restore Spell Uses On Login=1

With this setting on the 1.69 server things work as I expect. On the NWN:EE server this setting does not seem to have any effect. For example if I have a sorcerer character with full spells and then log out and back in again, on the 1.69 server I still have full spells available. On the NWN:EE server no spells are available. Is this intentional?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Sounds like a bug.

Can you please report it on support.baldursgate.com following https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee#latest ?
  • KaltripKaltrip Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Well I went ahead and reported this problem, as can be seen at https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34015

I've been checking each time a new version becomes available but the problem is still there. I'm guessing that this is either an option that is not used by many people, or that for some reason my setup is broken in an unusual way. For what it's worth, I'm running the Linux version of the server.

Apart from this one issue, everything else seems to be running smoothly but having no spells available after you're forced to relog is a major problem for people playing the particular PW I host.

Does anyone else make use of this setting and if so can they confirm that it is not working?
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited March 2018
    Determines if the ready/used state of a player character's spell slots are preserved across logins (only possible with server vault and only if the server has not reset), rather than all being made ready upon logging in.
    * 0 - all slots are ready upon login
    * 1 - slot states are preserved if server vault is used.

Just did a tested and working as intended, logged on with a sorcerer casted a spell and log out and came back in with that spell still gone.
    This was windows lan server connection. So might be just linux
  • KaltripKaltrip Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for taking the time to test. That is more or less the test I'm doing against a public server using the Linux version of the EE server. Log in with sorcerer, rest so that I have all spell slots full, log out and log back in again and all spell slots are empty. I run the same module on the 1.69 Linux server and on that, the spells slots are preserved.

This is going to be a bit of a problem for solo casters in dangerous places who have to relog for any reason. On this particular module rest spawns are a thing. All alone, in the dark, no spells and I think something nasty is heading this way ;)