Post edited by dreamtraveler on

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Loverboy
    Bryan Adams
    Anne Murray

Even with Rush, you still owe us.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Canadians are just like Americans. If that's not praise, what is?
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Canadians aren‘t like Americans, that‘s praise isn‘t it?
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    we should be proud that we still live in a free country, and still have freedom of speech, although unfortunately some minority groups are trying to take that away from us ( don't know why ) so hopefully they do not succeed

living in a communist dictatorship is no way to live at all, look at North Korea, people are trying their best to escape from there, don't see anyone trying to escape from Canada, in fact i see the opposite

as the anthem goes: True north strong and free

damn right, extra emphasis on the free part

oh and trailer park boys, only Canada can produce such a "quality" show haha :)
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Moosehead!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Having one of the most profitable (yet least successful) hockey teams.
    Curling!
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Canadian bacon. And bagels. And basketball.
    Arctodus said:

Basketball? I thought that was surely an American invention. Say it ain't so!
    edited December 2017
    Well, James Naismith, the inventor, was born in Ontario.
    Post edited by Arctodus on
    elminster said:

One of the most profitable AND the most successful one in hockey history. Not in recent history though. (As you can guess, I'm from Montreal... but I'm not even a fan !!)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Balrog99 said:

Arctodus said:

i recall back in the day there used to be those "part of our canadian heritage" commercials were it was showing the beginnings of baskets ball, and buddy was using a fruit basket as the basket ball net, and it was a big deal because the inventor wasn't even allowed to keep the basket
    sarevok57 said:

Balrog99 said:

Arctodus said:

i recall back in the day there used to be those "part of our canadian heritage" commercials were it was showing the beginnings of baskets ball, and buddy was using a fruit basket as the basket ball net, and it was a big deal because the inventor wasn't even allowed to keep the basket
    But how can it be Canadian? It's not even a drinking sport!
    Balrog99 said:

sarevok57 said:

Balrog99 said:

Arctodus said:

It is if you do it right. (I’m a Hoosier; we know basketball and drinking.)

I owe Canada an apology; I’d forgotten about Jeff Healey.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Balrog99 said:

sarevok57 said:

Balrog99 said:

Arctodus said:

That's the thing about Canadians, we can turn anything into a drinking sport.

And OMG, you mentioned curling? Are you watching Roar of the Rings?

I am missing the semi-finals between Homan and Jones which is going on right now. I hope Homan can pull off the victory again.
    Curling is my favorite Winter Olympic sport. Any sport that's anyway subjective seems political anymore. Even hockey can be corrupted by the referees. I like the sports that are completely ruled by skill!
    Balrog99 said:

Curling is my favorite Winter Olympic sport. Any sport that's anyway subjective seems political anymore. Even hockey can be corrupted by the referees. I like the sports that are completely ruled by skill!

It has nothing to do with the pitchers of beer afterwards?
    Balrog99 said:

My second favorite, behind Jamaican bobsledding.
    deltago said:

Balrog99 said:

It has nothing to do with the pitchers of beer afterwards?
    Afterwards? I'm in awe when the announcers say the participants may not have had enough beer yet! It's as awesome as when in the beginning years of ESPN they had billiards tournaments and those announcers would say the same thing. Just wait until so and so has had a couple more brews...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2017
    Arctodus said:

elminster said:

One of the most profitable AND the most successful one in hockey history. Not in recent history though. (As you can guess, I'm from Montreal... but I'm not even a fan !!)
    I'm pretty much convinced at this point there will come a time when nobody in Toronto was alive to see the Leafs win...or at least remember it. By those standards a cup win in 1993 ain't bad.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    The Queen is the Head of State.

Enough said. ;)
    Canadian delicacies (or food invented in Canada)

Poutine
    Hawaiian Pizza
    Montreal Smoked Meat
    Tourtiere
    Beaver Tails
    Nanaimo Bars
    Butter Tarts
    Chinese Buffets

The egg carton was also invented in Canada.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    No Canadians proud to produce 70% of the world's maple syrup?
    deltago said:

Canadian delicacies (or food invented in Canada)

Poutine

Now we're talking about the real stuff... :p
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Guy Gavriel Kay - The Fionavar Tapestry is one of my favourite fantasy reads.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    When discussing Canada's contributions to basketball, don't forget that they produced Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins, the top selections in consecutive NBA drafts! Without Canada, the Cavs might have had to waste those picks on Victor Oladipo and Joel Embiid or something.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Celebrities threaten that every election. And I say let them go, if they want to. Oddly enough, they don’t seem too keen to pay Canadian taxes.

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on