Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Heal/Hurt :D (ROUND 36 START!)

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I may have to go back to using TIAX as my avatar.... or one of the new portraits heh
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    HEAL: Jan Jansen x2
    HURT: Irenicus x2
    GP (CHARNAME): Reload
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    Heal: Imoen, Gorion
    Look at: Edwin
    God Power (CHARNAME): RELOAD

I would love for anyone to come back except Havarian or Xan, so I might as well risk it. I don't want the Ctrl+y to kill CHARNAME though...
    Post edited by toanwrath on
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    toanwrath said:

I would love for anyone to come back except Havarian or Xan, so I might as well risk it. I don't want the Ctrl+y to kill CHARNAME though...

"2. CTRL+Y: One character, excluding CHARNAME and chosen at random"

Charname can't die from CTRL Y. I support the Ctrl Y, let someone randomly get chunked! we had enough of resurrection rounds..

• SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    HEAL: Edwin x2
    HURT: Jan Jansen x2
    GP: Ctrl-Y In the name of total chaos!!! :D
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited December 2012
    mch202 said:

How are you gonna handle the random?

@mch202

Planning on assigning a number to each candidate and either using the random number generator on Random.org or using the online D&D diceroller with a custom number of sides on the die.

Also @Bladesip, it specifically says CHARNAME cannot be killed by his/her own god power. . -c .
    edited December 2012
    @toanwrath change to ctrl-y quickly! :) your precious charname can't die anyway, he/she is in slayer mode :)
    @Senash it sounds like that's not the only reason for their choosing the other.
    toanwrath said:

I would love for anyone to come back except Havarian or Xan, so I might as well risk it.

And what's the chance of Havarian or Xan coming back? Hold on, let me do the math.

It's about a 7% chance.

That means a 93% chance that the one coming back will be someone OTHER than Havarian or Xan. Pretty damn good odds.

@Senash it sounds like that's not the only reason for their choosing the other.

toanwrath said:

I would love for anyone to come back except Havarian or Xan, so I might as well risk it.

And what's the chance of Havarian or Xan coming back? Hold on, let me do the math.

It's about a 7% chance.

That means a 93% chance that the one coming back will be someone OTHER than Havarian or Xan. Pretty damn good odds.

BUT, if you choose ctrl-y, it's sooooo much more exciting! :) What's life without risks? :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Heal: Jan x 2
    Hurt: Edwin x 2
    GP: Ctrl Y
  • BladesipBladesip Member Posts: 200
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Yeah, right, i missread that :) Well anyway, random death is more fun. :)
  • simplewanderersimplewanderer Member Posts: 31
    Heal - Imoen x2
    Hurt - Edwin x2
    GP - Ctrl Y - [trust in Tymora]

Great idea for Charnames' GP.

I've an old set of Dragon dice [d4 to d20] if you wanted to made the random number oldschool?
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    @Senash
    I assumed that the Ctrl+Y could also destroy Slayer-mode characters (since Ctrl+Y DOES destroy Irenicus or you in Slayer mode). Regardless, even then chunking people is just quite rude.
    EDIT: Fine, so it can't kill CHARNAME. Then just the chunk part.
    edited December 2012
    @simplewanderer
    I have a set of dice as well. However, those 'old school' dice only work for certain numbers. The D&D diceroller is the only way to roll dice that DON'T EXIST, in this case, a d28 for Reload. Of course, if Ctrl-Y wins out, I can just roll my d8 IRL. . -c .
    I'll probably update this sometime tomorrow.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    HEAL: Charname x2
    HURT: Jan Jansen x2
    GP (CHARNAME): Ctrl-Y
    Voting for Round 33 is now closed! Please stand by while I tally the votes!
    FOR THE RECORD: THIS IS NOT IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM SHOUTING OVER THE INTERNET. THIS IS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT IS FREAKING IMPORTANT AND YOU NEED TO READ IT.

TO THOSE WHO IT MAY CONCERN: PLEASE FORMAT YOUR VOTES SO THAT "HEAL" IS ON THE FIRST LINE AND "HURT" ON THE SECOND. I GO THROUGH THESE REALLY FAST AND THE TWO WORDS LOOK SO SIMILAR THAT I DON'T ALWAYS CATCH IT WHEN SOMEONE DECIDES ITS A GOOD IDEA TO GO AGAINST THE GRAIN AND PUT THEIR HURTS FIRST! I USUALLY TALLY THE VOTES IN GROUPS OF THREE TO FOUR VOTERS AT A TIME WHICH IS EASY WHEN EVERYTHING IS FORMATTED THE SAME. I CAN JUST COUNT THE FIRST LINE AS HEALS AND THE SECOND LINE AS HURTS. BUT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SOMEONE PUTS HURT FIRST. I JUST NOTICED THAT HAPPENED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN USUAL THIS ROUND. IF I HADN'T THOUGHT TO DOUBLECHECK WHEN I REALIZED SOME PEOPLE HAD VOTED TO HEAL/HURT CHARNAME AND I WANTED TO PUT THEIR NAMES UP LIKE USUAL, I WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN NOTICED THE PEOPLE WHO HAD FORMATTED IT DIFFERENTLY.

IN CONCLUSION: PLEASE FORMAT YOUR VOTE CORRECTLY OR ELSE IT MAY RUN A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF BEING MISCOUNTED. I AM NOW HAVING TO GO BACK IN A VERY INCONVENIENT AND TIME CONSUMING WAY TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE'S VOTE IS CORRECT JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO SWITCH THEIR HEALS AND HURTS AROUND. DON'T BE THAT GUY. JUST. DON'T.

ROUND 34!

@ElysianEchoes attempts to heal CHARNAME, but their SLAYER MODE immunity renders it ineffective!

@Bladesip tries to hurt CHARNAME, but the attack bounces off, rebounds, and hits @Bladesip in the face! Ouch!

@GoodSteve also tries to hurt CHARNAME, but the recoil from the attack knocks @GoodSteve on their ass! This turns out to be a mixed blessing, because when the attack rebounds, it doesn't hit @GoodSteve and whizzes right over their head! That doesn't make it any less embarrassing though.

CHARNAME RELOADS the game in an attempt to bring back one of his/her fallen companions! Unfortunately, something goes wrong and NOOBER gets resurrected instead!

CHARNAME is now vulnerable!

EDWIN gets back on his feet!

One of JAN JANSEN's inventions backfires and blows up in his face! He is now wounded!

IRENICUS gets blown into chunks by a stray fireball!

Character: ------------HP ------Change ----Slayer Mode?
    Imoen----------------13--------(+3)-------------No
    Viconia ---------------16--------(+2)-------------No
    Edwin ----------------6----------(+4)------------No
    Jan Jansen-------------3----------(-2)------------No
    Alora -----------------13--------(+1)-------------No
    Gorion ----------------14--------(+1)------------No
    CHARNAME-------------10-----------------------No
    Mazzy ----------------13--------(+3)------------No
    Noober (Rezzed)--------10------------------------No

The Dead: Jaheira, Ellesime, Anomen, Melissan, Elminster, Aerie, Minsc, Cernd, Valygar, Lilarcor, Nalia, Saemon Havarian, Bodhi, Kivan, SAREVOK, Haer'Dalis, Bhaal, Baeloth, Tiax, Cespenar, Xzar, Nexlit, Kagain, Biff the Understudy

The Chunked: Boo, Xan, Irenicus

RULES FOR THIS ROUND:

1. 2 HEALS, 2 HURTS: The usual.

2. MINI-SMITE: Hey guess what, it's a mini-smite round! Just a little bit of Divine Wrath this time! Mini-smite works just like regular Smite, only whoever has the most votes at the end of the round loses 2 HP instead of 4.

ROUND 34 START!

As always, I will begin the round

Heal: Edwin x2
    Hurt: Noober x2
    Mini-Smite: Noober
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2012
    Heal: Charname x2
    Hurt: Edwin x2

Post edited by mch202 on
  • Heal: Charname x1; Noober x1
    Hurt: Edwin x2
    Mini-smite: Edwin
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    edited December 2012
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    Hurt: Edwin x1; Noober x1
    Mini-Smite: Edwin
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Heal: Edwin x1; Noober x1
    Hurt: Alora x2
    Mini-Smite: Alora
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    HEAL: Edwin x2
    HURT: CHARNAME x2
    Mini-Smite: CHARNAME
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    edited December 2012
    Heal: Mazzy x2
    Hurt: Viconia x2
    (Mini)Smite: Noober
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Heal: Charname x1, Jan Jansen x1
    Hurt: Noober
    Mini-smite: Noober
  • simplewanderersimplewanderer Member Posts: 31
    Heal Charname x2
    Hurt Edwin x2
    minismite Noober
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Hurt: Jan Jansen x2
    Mini-smite: Jan Jansen
  • BladesipBladesip Member Posts: 200
    edited December 2012
    HEAL: Viconia, Gorion
    HURT: Charname x2
    MINI-SMITE: Charname

P.S.: Damn i did not know, that Charname have also reflect shield in Slayer mode. This is really embarasing, i will have crook head on christmas, thanks to my stupid move... :D
    Post edited by Bladesip on

@mch202 we are going to have some problems my dear sir... :)
    also, @Bladesip please read the posts before you, @LadyEibhilinRhett just asked you to write heal first, hurt second...