Skip to content

Removal of Some In-game Videos (Beregost, Gnoll Stronghold, etc.)

1235»

Comments

• Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Yes, cutting out the old ones was a terrible wrong idea. They could just remove them, AFTER they created the new ones. Then the characters could sleep in the Inns and in the Mines... Or they could just add them too, and You could choose which of them to watch. (See the topic I created for this Feature request above, and put a comment in there if you liked it.)
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    The new opening is actually not bad...until the last part..
    only if he bleeds like the old vid to bring out the words..

but removing the old vids without new one..hmm...not a really good move
    should make it into option to turn old/new ones

and some new vids miss out the humour from the old ones..
    no dialogues...etc..disappointing
    They lack of the horrid feeling the old ones had, too. And important phrases are missing too. And they possibly cause the major bug to not be able to rest in Inns or in the Mine...
  • CorganoCorgano Member Posts: 14
    I'd say, keep the old videos in and just replace them with the new ones as time permits. I really liked the old videos too, especially the intro movie. But, what can you do?

--Cor
    Yes, they had to include the old ones too. It is just creating 3 failures at the same time. Please visit my topic about this Feature request: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7199/please-make-old-movies-available-again#latest
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86

On a later tweet I seem to remember Trent saying that they cut these videos out because they did not directly impact the storyline (thus places where they could save money if they were redoing videos). Also by not including them but including their own it doesn't cause any breaks in continuity between new videos and old.

I don't follow twitter but I can completely agree with the sentiment here. It does bug me slightly that they took out some of the old videos and didn't replace them though. The "motion comic" style of animation they redid some of the videos in looks pretty good, and I like it, but I also know it isn't really that expensive, which is why it bugs me a bit they didn't do them all.

I'm highly tempted to find the old videos they didn't remake and see if I can somehow slip them back into the game and see if they work.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    To be frank, I would have rather they made an option to at least still be able to play the old movies. I prefer them than these....."improved" ones.
    edited December 2012
    @Severon: then go pls. to my Feature request post then, so that the devs can see that many of us wish we could see the older ones too. My idea is for to be able watch both of them. But it would be a resolution too, if you could choose at beginning, which one to see, or if they would put the older ones in the Movies tab at the game Menu, and unlocking them in the same time as the unlock the new ones.
    So you could sleep in the Inns and at the Mine. So you could know, that the sleeping is happened, when you click on sleep. Thanks.