Skip to content

A Forum Restart

2»

Comments

• KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2012
    I think archiving would be the way to go because we would not get so much clutter when the modders,helpers,testers move on to BG2 remake and topics won't get lost in the fossilized shuffle once BG1 is out.

Also archiving would be a great way for the Devs to look back on references if they need it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2012
    Wait if in the case of a full reset this would mean our post counts would also reset to 0 I'm not only against it but I'm super against it. I just got passed 1000 posts. I earned this useless badge :)

Otherwise on the archive idea I'm sort of meh on.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Agreed. I just earned a pointless, useless badge too and it's mine - you can't have it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Agreed. I just earned a pointless, useless badge too and it's mine - you can't have it.

Thanks to your like I actually just earned my second pointless badge for the day. 250 likes. Thanks :)
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The forum is fine how it is, in my opinion.
    You're very welcome @elminster! Cherish your pointless badge!
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    If the forums get deleted people will just end up asking the same things that have already been asked again. I think this would cause more annoyance than anything else, since people will have already discussed these topics, but there won't be any old threads to refer to.

Try to imagine the threads that you personally found the most annoying, but which have now been resolved. People who are new to the forum will probably ask those same questions again, but if those threads are deleted or are moved to a place that is counter-intuitive/difficult to find there will be nothing to do but start the discussions over.
    Post edited by ARKdeEREH on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    People already ask things that have been answered before all the time... it probably would be even worst if the forums were reset...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I'm astounted with the stupidy of people here.

"Yes, delete it" is a fucking option that i didn't even voted for, i only give it to anyone whom want to vote on it."

People doesn't even take time to read the entire options (what would display pretty well MY OPTION) and just start to flame.
    *stupidity
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I think an archive/place where old posts go to die is an idea people could get their heads around. But I don't know if the time it would take to organize what needs to go and what needs to stay is the best use of the devs time.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    As i prediced, now it's a bit hard to navigate on the forum in reason of the many new threads that came with the release of the game.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I don't think it is a stupid idea, but I definitely don't think it is necessary.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    A CM would never be able to justify deleting, hiding or devaluing the content of the forum so that will never happen. It could maybe do with reassessing the layout though.