Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[BG1EE] Can we get our old CG movies back?

kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 43
edited January 4 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Frankly speaking, I don't have much good taste of the remastered cg movies, since they're not real CG but just flash animations, which are artistically and atmospherically far more lower than the original ones, please take no offense. From my first experiences with the 1998's version, the warmth and vitality of the citizens of Beregost when I reach the town, the depression of the statues in the mighty hall of Iron Throne headquarters when I first entered, which prove to be a missing piece of the enhanced edition, are still impressing me even now.

At first, the reason I thought why not importing the old CG movies was because Beamdog got unsolved engine compatibility problems, which forced them to remake all the CG movies of what we got today. Until recent day I saw a video of Baldur's Gate Reloaded, which was a Neverwinter Nights 2 mod, I got the knowledge that even a different engine could import these movies, why couldn't a enhanced Infinite Engine. If technique isn't a problem any longer, I'm gonna ask nicely that can we get our old CG movies back?

Post edited by kingnight on
ShandyrProontgugulug5000dockaboomskicloudkillbeatsallFenghoangMirak

Comments