Skip to content

[BG1EE] Can we get our old CG movies back?

kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
edited January 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Frankly speaking, I don't have much good taste of the remastered cg movies, since they're not real CG but just flash animations, which are artistically and atmospherically far more lower than the original ones, please take no offense. From my first experiences with the 1998's version, the warmth and vitality of the citizens of Beregost when I reach the town, the depression of the statues in the mighty hall of Iron Throne headquarters when I first entered, which prove to be a missing piece of the enhanced edition, are still impressing me even now.

At first, the reason I thought why not importing the old CG movies was because Beamdog got unsolved engine compatibility problems, which forced them to remake all the CG movies of what we got today. Until recent day I saw a video of Baldur's Gate Reloaded, which was a Neverwinter Nights 2 mod, I got the knowledge that even a different engine could import these movies, why couldn't a enhanced Infinite Engine. If technique isn't a problem any longer, I'm gonna ask nicely that can we get our old CG movies back?
Post edited by kingnight on
[Deleted User]Proontgugulug5000dockaboomskicloudkillbeatsallFenghoangMiraStastny

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2018
    I doubt we get them back in officially but you can mod them back in. See this thread.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    Tressetkingnight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    kingnightProontgugulug5000leeowensoas
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GusindaZaghoulProontFenghoang
  • HeavylineHeavyline Member Posts: 108
    I never understood why they had to replace BG:EE cinematics with new animations. Yet Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 enchanced editions still have their original animations. I hope Neverwinter Nights: Enchanced Edition will have it's original cutscenes.

Like @Shandaxx said they should make option for new/old cutscenes. The new cinematics are not terrible, but the old ones just fits for the mood more. Especially if you're an old guy like me who played these games during the late 90s and early 2000s. For me the cinematics were "Don't fix something that is not broken" kind of thing.
    [Deleted User]ZaghoulProontgugulug5000
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Heavyline said:

I never understood why they had to replace BG:EE cinematics with new animations. Yet Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 enchanced editions still have their original animations. I hope Neverwinter Nights: Enchanced Edition will have it's original cutscenes.

BGEE was the first enhanced edition, they tried and it didn't work well. After the mixed reaction to the new cinematics, I guess they choose to not do it for the other enhanced editions.
    [Deleted User]ProontAdul
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    And that's a pity, as I would like to have an option to have something simillar for BG2 EE :) And PST EE. IWD EE is fine without changes, though.
  • kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
    Thank you guys, I will download the mod and try.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I believe there was a response to this request in the past that amounted to the developers understanding, but not wishing to remove the hard work put in to the new animations from the game entirely.
  • DrakonDrakon Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2018
    An idea - play the new cinematic art, but after a few seconds of the player absorbing the visual landscape it fades into the old cinematic which offers more details and quirks about the location. So show both!