Skip to content

Solo WizardSlayer/Druid?

2»

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    For the record, Alesia's description refers to lowering Mel's magic resistance to use the frost wand.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    twillight said:

Aside that it is some horribly modded game., thus instantly mostly disqualifies on "who knows where the game balance went", still looked it. Right there realised I saw this, and already told it seems usless, so just skipping to the Melissan-battle.
    I'll quote:

" injure her from a distance using the Wand of Frost and Sling Bullets. Every Focus must be hit.you need a clear Aura when she says "praeses." - The wand of frost is obviously horrendously upped in that mod, and have no idea whatthe other words mean => no help at all, but the strategy is obviously unmaintainable in the clean game. Thus the link has no use.

The Wand of Frost is not changed by that mod. It does the exact same damage and has the exact same parameters it always has. Same goes for slings. The only changes that SCS makes to player items is to either nerf them, move them to a less accessible spot, or outright remove them from the game.

To clarify the terms for you:

1. Focus is a spell introduced by Ascension. You only get it in the final battle and its only purpose is to grant temporary immunity to Time Stop. You have to manage it very carefully if you're going to defeat Ascension Melissan, because getting caught off-guard by Time Stop is easily fatal.
    2. A "clear aura" means that you haven't used a spell or item in the past 6 seconds. "Aura" is the shorthand for the single use you get of any potion or scroll or wand or spell or whatever in a single round. It comes from the message "aura cleansing" that appears when Improved Alacrity is active. That message displays before you cast a spell during Improved Alacrity, so the idea is that when you cast a spell, your aura is "clouded" and therefore you can't cast another spell until it "clears."
    3. "Praeses" is the first word in the incantation for alteration spells. It's a clue that Melissan is casting Time Stop.

So what Alesia was saying was that, if you're fighting Ascension Melissan, you need to carefully manage which spells and items you use, because you need to be able to cast Focus within a narrow 2-second window during which Melissan is casting Time Stop. If she begins casting the spell and your "aura" won't be clear for another 2 seconds, it will be impossible for you to defend yourself against her Time Stop->Teleport Without Error->Greater Whirlwind Attack combo. It's important for no-reload runs because acting even a fraction of a second too late can be fatal.

The reason I linked Alesia's run is because, on the previous page, we were discussing the prospect of a solo bard, and you expressed skepticism that solo bards were any good in ToB. So I posted a link to Alesia's run as proof that not only are solo bards capable of handling ToB, they can even handle it with SCS and Ascension installed, which make the game vastly more challenging, and they can handle it without even dying once.

Currently no one has documented a no-reload Wizard Slayer/Druid run, but we do have a no-reload Wizard Slayer trilogy run beginning here and a dual-classed Fighter/Druid here. They may prove useful for your run.
  • twillighttwillight Member Posts: 65
    edited January 2018
    Alesia_BH said:

Before I move one, I'll take a moment to share a thought on kindnesses, humility, and excellence.

You call lacking conversation due to not being able to tell a single argument on their side, dismissing contrary words (from opinions up to facts), and pretending to be the "c00l kid in school, smoking in the corner, saying "whatever"" humility and excellence?

Pardon me if some don't share your position.

PS: as I said as Wizardslayer does not suffer the restrictions stated in the game, I no longer care for that.
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited January 2018
    1. I haven't tried to change your personal opinion on bards because I have no stake in that matter. As I've said, you're entitled to your opinion. At the same time, I've shared my perspective on the class because I thought others might appreciate it. I think some have

2. I've implied that you might benefit from approaching the game and your interactions with others on the forums differently because I don't want to see you get banned, and would also like to see this discussion become more pleasant for the rest of the community. I also think a shift in mindset would help you succeed with your bard, and I'd like to see you succeed. I've tried to be a friend to you, basically. I see that that hasn't been appreciated and so I'll move on, wishing you well.

Good hunting!

Best,

A.
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Alesia_BH said:

1. I haven't tried to change your personal opinion on bards because I have no stake in that matter. As I've said, you're entitled to your opinion. At the same time, I've shared my perspective on the class because I thought others might appreciate it. I think some have

2. I've implied that you might benefit from approaching the game and your interactions with others on the forums differently because I don't want to see you get banned, and would also like to see this discussion become more pleasant for the rest of the community. I also think a shift in mindset would help you succeed with your bard, and I'd like to see you succeed. I've tried to be a friend to you, basically. I see that that hasn't been appreciated and so I'll move on, wishing you well.

Good hunting!

Best,

A.

Saw. your comment. Appreciated for what it worth. The problem is:
    you offer nothing.
    you don't have an opinion.

What oyu have is a statement.
    And claims w/o evidence shall be dropped w/o evidence.

And because you provide no details for the claim which could be checked for validity, we don't actualy have a discussion. You cano nly discuss things if all party shows cards - here you should show HOW the bard would be strong. Without showing something to discuss,without something the other party(s) can aknowledege, you have absolutly nothing.

AndI'm totaly friendly and helpful here. Maybe you don't even notice you live in a logical fallacy. That's why I point it out. That's why I played the game through, all three parts, and told firsthand experience and minute detail like where I had to fall on what potions, tricks and strategies. And at times what was what failed.

PS: all kudos to this guy I randomly stumbled into yesterday, inspired me to go and try finaly Melissan, and being a bad player himself provided good information, because (s)he self had to rely on the informations the game provides.
    I LOVE being a bad player, that makes me a good player.
    I'll never come to you when you ask in Diablo 2 ver 1.00 that I heared in Diablo 2 ver 1.13 you can find Sulik's daughter.
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited January 2018
    I was debating whether to reply to this. In light of the apparent moderator response to the OPs comment, I've decided to go with my first instinct: radio silence, peace out.

I'll remind everyone that I'd be happy to discuss SCS/Ascension no reload tactics for bards over in the Adventurer's Lounge.

Best,

A.
    Alesia_BH said:

I was debating whether to reply to this. In light of the apparent moderator response to the OPs comment, I've decided to go with my first instinct: radio silence, peace out.

I'll remind everyone that I'd be happy to discuss SCS/Ascension no reload tactics for bards over in the Adventurer's Lounge.

Best,

A.

You never did anything but radio silence.
    All the words - total lack of content.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    twillight said:

Alesia_BH said:

Best,

A.

You never did anything but radio silence.
    All the words - total lack of content.
    You are a strange person . You wanted an admission that bards are not the easiest class for solo runs - you got it (along with links to the record of solo run with bard). But instead of leaving in satisfaction you begun to insult every solo-runner on the forum and Alesia in particular with your "no video - no evidences" (if there was a video I am sure you would say it's edited) and "your game was made easier" (despite detailed explanation how that particular mods specifically designed to make game much more difficult, that you can check by yourself anytime).

And no - you are neither helpful nor friendly (in fact, the opposite). Spiteful dismiss of every word from an opponent never helped to any discussion.

Thank you, @Alesia_BH for patience and interesting information. Even for non-solo runners it's useful to see every class at it's best (when they solo).