Skip to content

Dorn is a fricking HOSS (Possible Spoiler)

124»

Comments

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    @Quartz: [sobbing silently]

iirc, in IWD at least, you needed 17 in the secondary stat (wis for necromancers for example) too if you wanted to dual into it. not sure how BG1 handled it, it's been a long time since I played the original without BGT/tutu.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @DinsdalePiranha: [also sobbing]

I was playing BG1 Vanilla very actively up until a week ago, and I can fully confirm that I dualed Imoen to Conjurer without the aid a Constitution tome. Interesting to hear that IWD did things a bit differently.
    edited November 2012
    @Quartz: I'm pretty sure that when I tried to dualclass my 15 wis fighter to necromancer, game said no dice, and only worked at 17 wis. unsure if I tried 16 wis, but chances are I did. sadly, I just uninstalled IWD couple of days ago, can't try it out now.

edit: seems like my mind nowadays can't tell the difference between multi- and dual class, typed the wrong thing (and sent the message) about 3 times today...
    Post edited by DinsdalePiranha on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Necromancers require 16 WIS. Mystery solved!
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    If Dorn is going to persist through to BG2:EE, then I will definitely be giving him the strength tome that I could have given to my CHARNAME mage (which wouldn't have made much difference).

IIRC Strength 20 is better than Strength 19 for THAC0 and Damage.
    @MurrayConfederacy: just +1 dmg. however, if he'll be BG2EE (with the increased stats), you could pump him up to 22 str, which... well, it can be quite... "nice". yeah, I'm gonna go with nice.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    @DinsdalePiranha I just hope that Dorn has a good personality or at least is an interesting character, that would be amazing!