Skip to content

What is your time zone?

13»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    Troika said:

Germany. Someone should do a poll by country, it would be interesting. I guess most Euros active on the forums are from the UK or Scandinavia, due to the widespread English proficiency in those countries. :)

Overall I think Baldurs Gate was most successful in France/Germany/Poland/Netherlands/UK and North America of course.

Polls by country would not work as for instance in Europe there are more than 10 countries (though you could do western europe I suppose). So I mean you could segment up the globe, but by the end of it you would have like 20 polls to cover the world since there are 196 countries in the world (though admittedly more like 195 since people in North Korea will not be playing Baldur's Gate - 194 if you don't include the Vatican).

I think Phillip Daigle wrote somewhere that a noticeable amount of sales came from Germany. Could be mistake on that one though.
  • TroikaTroika Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    I'd group it like this for a euro-poll: Scandinavia+Finland, France, UK+Ireland, Germany+Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Benelux, Eastern Europe, other. :P

I'm more interested in the sales numbers actually, maybe someone can find a source.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    I can't say I'd ever heard the term Benelux before now. Damn those Belgians, Dutch folk, and Luxembourgians and their verbal efficiency.
  • TroikaTroika Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2012
    That's actually German efficiency rubbing off on them there. :D (I know, I know ...)
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Yes it was mentioned that the original games sold more in Germany than any other European country.
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    Troika said:

. . . . due to the widespread English proficiency in those countries. :) . . . .

Really? I live in one of those countries, and believe me when I tell you, theres a lot of "not talkin proper like what I do," - shameful really.

Even I, as I type this, realise that I dont speak the way I type, and if I did, anybody not from Scotland would struggle to follow me. :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Pacific.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    My town is a 3-hour drive away from Edmonton. Hoorah for me when the launch starts! >:)
  • butcheredbutchered Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    New Zealand
  • randyroorandyroo Member Posts: 54
    living in sunny Manchester, England