Skip to content

Extras for preorders

1235»

Comments

• Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    IchigoRXC said:

*It is ridiculously elitist and I frown upon it greatly. You should feel ashamed of yourselves, ashamed I say! :p

Guilty as charged. And yet I'm not ashamed of it. Words do have meaning, sentences have context, and the way and time of delivery set expectations.
  • Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
    I have this to say: I pre-ordered one day in advance, and I deserve free stuff!

(but seriously, minor stuff like some extra portrait or a badge or whatever is fun, but "bonus merchants" is just annoying, and I'm sure it actually makes people more likely to illegally download the game with bonus instead of buying the regular game without it. Whatevere it is, it should be mostly symbolic).
  • KenyonKenyon Member Posts: 142
    If they said 'something extra', you should get something extra. I also agree with @IchigoRXC though. I, for example, own a Mac and so I can't pre-order, even though I want to (same is true for every platform except PC, really).
    The mac and ipad situation does register with me. Perhaps a bonus for buying the game during the week of release since no preorders for you. By the way, I think this is the real reason for the pre-order situation in the first place. You guys were just plain left out in the cold. ;)
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    Well I just got a Ferrari 458 from Trent & Co !!

And thats because im not whining !!

yir thats an Edit --->
    Post edited by lordkim on
    lordkim said:

Well I just got a Ferrari 458 from Trent & Co !!

And thats because im not wining !!

SO you got a bonus for not making wine?

OR was that supposed to be winning?

OR more probably whining....

In which case, good for you. Stoic resolve is to be admired.

I prefer a more epicurean lifestyle myself at this stage. I did the stoic thing for a good 35 years, and well one day I just woke up and realized I was miserable.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Huh.

I thought the Ferrari DLC wasn't slated until February.
    Aosaw said:

Huh.

I thought the Ferrari DLC wasn't slated until February.

I know, but im the Beta tester of it ;)
  • alkaiseralkaiser Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    @IchigoRXC

Please...

It is much more complicated than that. I respect your point of view, I even agree with some parts of it (especially that this is the problem with the industry), but both of us - and others that showed their opinions here, have reasons to think the way they are... So we should respect each other even if we don't agree with each other.

Mine is mainly because Trent said so and I believed him. If he didn't say anything, I wouldn't be here discussing this. And no one is asking for a different version of the game or something big like that. Or even something in the game... It could be something like being able to play the game an hour or two before the schedule. Either this or they could put the name of all that pre-order on the credits along with all the beta testers, for example. That would be cool.

There's nothing to feel ashamed here.

Let's keep respecting each other. Discussions on internet tend to lead people to hate who disagrees with then or to be offensive, this shall not be the case here. We just have different points of view, and I think it's very unfair to say that someone's attitude is elitist or selfish just because they were hoping for something that was told by Trent himself. This can't be treated in such a radical way, like they were doing the worst of things.

I agree that the problem with the game industry is this, but that's how things work: It shouldn't be, but people pre-order stuff waiting for some reward. Again, I am not saying that it's my case, because I don't pre-order, I only did for this game and for different reasons. Still, that's how things work and we need to change this policy... But the companies that uses this policy, and do exactly the same traditional things like "pre-order promising rewards" and stuff like that (no matter their reasons - since they are adopting this policy, they are adopting this policy no matter what), can't be "released" from their promises. (Despite how much you love the game, the team that is working on and etc)... And if they use this policy, it is because it is advantageous to then.

So,
    either you don't use this policy and don't promise any reward in case of pre-order and an unexpected delay (for example - treating all the costumers without any privileges as it should be) or you deliver what you told that you would to those that accepted your policy.

It's not wrong to wait for something that was told you that would come or even to feel a little disappointed when that "promise" doesn't happen.

But AGAIN
    this is not a big deal.

I wasn't even answer this thread anymore, but then I just thought that despite all those emoticons, your words were harsh and unfair, and it shouldn't be the case here.
    Post edited by alkaiser on
    edited November 2012
    Regardless of the little extra, the wife and I can't wait to roll our characters tonight! I work from home so I might poke around after the game goes active, but officially we don't leave Candlekeep until later this evening. I thought she was going to roll a bard/skald, but she is having second thoughts this morning about taking a sorceress bhaalspawn. I was going with an archer companion, but I might change my mind too. Barbarian is just calling to me for some reason. We'll see. I'm betting she changes her mind again and takes a cleric of Lathlander. That was a favorite of hers in BG 2.
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    Kirkor said:

And you can hold his sword in your inventory.

You know you're a sick puppy when you read that particular line in a suggestive tone.

:(
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    As someone quoted:
    "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date. We will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support."

The little extra is the forum badge. It says, "I have supported this company from the beginning." It is an honour to do so.

I said it before, anything they add in-game for preorders now can easily be modded in by someone else later, and made available to everyone later. Then we'd have a flame war on the forum about how this mod is unfair and that feature was only for people that preordered. Therefore making it available for everyone prevents this type of attitude.

It was also said he misspoke. Take that apology and run with it. As for it being vague, well they don't want to say "we are making this shiny new toy for you guys!" only to find out that it is impossible or cause too many issues then having people saying "why don't we have this new toy!? I want it, you promised."
    edited November 2012
    deltago said:

As someone quoted:
    "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date. We will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support."

The little extra is the forum badge. It says, "I have supported this company from the beginning." It is an honour to do so.

I said it before, anything they add in-game for preorders now can easily be modded in by someone else later, and made available to everyone later. Then we'd have a flame war on the forum about how this mod is unfair and that feature was only for people that preordered. Therefore making it available for everyone prevents this type of attitude.

It was also said he misspoke. Take that apology and run with it. As for it being vague, well they don't want to say "we are making this shiny new toy for you guys!" only to find out that it is impossible or cause too many issues then having people saying "why don't we have this new toy!? I want it, you promised."

No one wants an excuse too. Just that in the future those kind of things can be avoided.

And no, it's not the badge. The badge was like this BEFORE the announcement of the delay. And I agree, it is an honour to do so.

But you know what? It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters now is that today is the great day.
  • SluaghSluagh Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Wow, a lot of people needing and demanding. How bout this - the appriciate us, and they want to give us something to show it. Just like any other game when you pre-order it. And yet there will always be someone unhappy, needing more instant-gratification. Makes me wonder, if they are so unhappy about it, why don't they just cancel and find something that WILL make them happy, instead of posting on every possible forum and thread about their anger and misery. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
    edited November 2012
    Geez.
    I think that to ask for respect and a little of comprehension is a bit too much nowadays.

Thankfully I'm very happy with BGEE, posting on every possible forum and thread about that.
    Sluagh said:

. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

I'm not angry, like I stated, just a little disappointed, and I am still very much looking forward to the game.

If it is a good cheese, perhaps a Bitto, never tried that, then Boo and I say please Sir, may I have some more!
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    I'm happy with just the 2$ discount
  • SluaghSluagh Member Posts: 22
    @Vonbek777 try goat's cheese cooked in orange and chilli marmalade - delicious :)
    Love goat's cheese. Have never had it with an orange and chili marmalade though. Does sound quite tasty.
  • Promised_painPromised_pain Member Posts: 10
    I just "pre-ordered" this today, at morning. Will I still be getting my badge? I know... I was kinda late, but It was hard to decide if i'm going to get this game or not.

Actually I was against this game, and even made a topic about it, silly me. I've never really played any Baldur's gate games, I hope i won't be dissapointed. I'm used to D&D games thought - So that won't be a problem. I've just been avoiding the game mainly because I couldn't get any widescreen mods to work.
    And a cold beer @Vonbek77, then everybody is happy ;)
    edited November 2012

I just "pre-ordered" this today, at morning. Will I still be getting my badge? I know... I was kinda late, but It was hard to decide if i'm going to get this game or not.

Actually I was against this game, and even made a topic about it, silly me. I've never really played any Baldur's gate games, I hope i won't be dissapointed. I'm used to D&D games thought - So that won't be a problem. I've just been avoiding the game mainly because I couldn't get any widescreen mods to work.

You're gonna love it. It's the best of all.

Baldur's Gate is to other D&D and RPG games like the One Ring is to all other Rings of Power. Supreme, the ONE... The best.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It secretly binds them to its control in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie?
    edited November 2012
    Aosaw said:

It secretly binds them to its control in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie?

You bet! :D
    It made some damage over me, back in those many dark nights of play, when I couldN'T stand away from this.
    Yeah, it definitely binds them to its control.

Let's see 1, 3, 7, and 9....the secret, secret line of power:

5 rings for Intergalactic Space Hamsters and their planar designs...
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    So... What's about it?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited April 2013
    I think there's some confusion here, or Trent may have misspoke - it's not that only people who pre-ordered will get an extra bonus, but rather than with the additional time we've added some things that we weren't going to add. Unfortunately they're both not yet finished, but one will be going out as an announced feature in a post-release updates, and the other will be going out as a super secret (but really cool) easter egg in one of the post-release updates. -PhillipDaigle

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/137732/#Comment_137732

The Easter egg is
    a new joinable NPC. You can encounter him by the tower in Larswood once your main character is level 5+ in at least one class.
    In addition, five new kits have been added to the game: Sun Soul Monk, Dark Moon Monk, Dragon Disciple, Shadowdancer, and Dwarven Defender.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.