Skip to content

Dual class weirdness, maybe a bug?

Hey y'all, this may be the wrong place to post this, don't know my way around the different branches of the forum all that well. So anyway, one of my favorite builds is the Swashbuckler dual to thief or fighter. My preferred dual level is level 10, which means that by the SoD cap, I have 340,000 points into that second class, not enough to reactivate until BG2. I've noticed that once I import into bg2, everything looks fine, and when I get enough xp to reactivate, I get all the thief buttons and bonuses back, with one big exception: my character doesn't seem to detect traps or secret doors, no matter how long I stand there! Anyone else experience this?

TL;DR, when I import a thief dual class while the thief class is still inactive, it seems to break trap and secret door detection, even after reactivating the class in bg2
Skatan

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    Are you saying you do not get the “detect” button back or that you have the button, have activated it, but it does nothing?

You have to press the button to detect, it is not automatic
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Maybe a stupid reply, but on par with the above reply, perhaps you are used to a script with automatic trap searching but in BG2 it's not activated?

Also, just as a curious side-note, when you said dualing from swashbuckler to thief, I guess you meant to mage or cleric?
    JuliusBorisov
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    Haha whoops yeah I did mean mage or cleric. No scripts, no AI, I toggle the button same as I would with any other thief, and nothing happens. I can even ctrl+4 and see the traps, walk right up to them, and nothing, even if I leave my character there detecting for an hour. Same with the secret door to the lich at the Crooked Crane, any other character tries and it comes up right away, but it's like importing with the class still inactive destroyed my character's ability to do so.

And I'm certainly not offended or trying to be all "oh I'm an expert" but I've been playing this game for 12+ years and literally hundreds of runs, so while I'm glad y'all tried to ascertain whether it was a user error thing or not, I can guarantee this is not something I'm doing wrong
    Skatan
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you wearing a cursed item? sometimes for some weird reasons if a thief was wearing a cursed item they couldn't detect doors and such
    tbone1SkatanJuliusBorisov
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    Nah not wearing any items, just straight import weirdness
    sarevok57
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It should be reported on support.baldursgate.com if you experience it on the 2.5 open beta, have a save and can provide a repro case, @leeowensoas .