Skip to content

The adventures of Vidar Corvidae (RP heavy playthrough)

SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
Hello all,

I've read many playthroughs and now it's time for my own. The game will be played on insane without added damage from enemies. I don't think I have any mods installed currently, IIRC.

Vidar is a thief/mage multiclass cheated dwarf. The race is because nowadays I can only play dwarfs and the class is the closest thing to my dream class, the blade with thief skills. I have therefore added the swashbuckler kit but removed the effects it gets from level 1 and instead added the spins a blade get. Confused? :) I understand this is cheese ofcourse, but I don't care. My character is made this way for RP reasons.

The character is a good man, so I will not enter unknown ppl's homes, steal or kill innocents etc. If I do any of this I will find RP reasons to do so, hence the NG aligment. My intention is to keep this throughout, but I actuually don't know. If the character evolves into something else, I will let him do that.

I will treat NPCs as actual persons, or at least try to. Just read it, you'll see what I mean. I will switch around NPCs for quests but wil try to write plausable reasons for doing so. Some will live, some will die. This isn't game of thrones, but rest assured not all will live through the whole tale.

Are you still here? Yeah, this will be a wall of text, so if that's not your thing you should probably find another walkthrough ;)

If your read this playtrough you are very welcome to add things that my character can do and stuff like that, but just as an "FYI", he has progressed much further than what I had posted here. It has just takem me a long time to write this text. He is currently on his way towards the bandit camp.

Ok, here goes!
Post edited by Skatan on

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I wish Vidar good luck! :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I can restore the deleted content, if you want, so that more people read it.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Nah, don't bother. As stated the original thread, me using my own posts as examples was not to draw attention to myself or my writing, it was just because those examples were close at hand. I have it all saved in a word-file at home as well.

I appreciate your concern @JuliusBorisov, it's very nice of you to ask.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Too bad, I would have liked to see it. Really like the idea of a role-play heavy play-through. Though I understand what a huge amount of work something like this would be.
    Hrmm.. how do I weigh the part of me that do not want to make a fuss of things vs the side of me that get very easily flattered, haha! :) Ok ok, the latter wins (all the time).

I'm at work now though, but if it's not too much of hassle you can restore it @JuliusBorisov. It was only two parts though, but they were quite long.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Restored!
    Well that was quick. Apparently there was only one chapter posted, but I seem to recall I had another stored locally but not posted.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Ha ha! Tisk tisk young Vidar. One should not play such pranks on the library clerks.

(Secretly hopes he did the same to grumpy old Ulraunt) :)