Skip to content

graphic

so is this graphic in trailer and screenshots this new improved graphic? it looks very very similar to me..

Comments

• TulimyrskyTulimyrsky Member Posts: 17
    You probably won't be able to tell for sure until the game is released. I however did see an improvement over the original, even if marginal.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Because it's the same graphic?

But no, I must be wrong. It's 3D super realistic graphic, for sure. I need to buy new computer.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

You probably won't be able to tell for sure until the game is released. I however did see an improvement over the original, even if marginal.

i also see improvement but really i was hoping for more..

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    With the original art assets gone, it's hard to make much more I'm afraid. Besides, if the art assets were available, I wouldn't wonder if it would have taken one more year to release the game, if not more!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited November 2012
    They were pretty up-front about the fact that the graphics and animations were going to be more or less the same as they were fifteen years ago, just with some upscaling filters and better zoom capabilities.

Losing the original art assets was a major blow back in May.
    somewhere was a rumour that they can't show us best quality screenshots because that's in contract, but it looks like a total crap for me
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The whole issue of native resolution is going to be interesting to see once we can actually play the game. The higher the resolution the tinier the graphics. But we can now zoom.

My monitor is now several years old and middle of the road (ViewSonic VX2235wm) with resolution up to 1680x1050. I have no idea what the high end is these days for resolution in new monitors for around $350. This game is making me consider getting a new monitor, although the higher-res of BG:EE may not look any crisper on something newer.

I can assure you that is not the case.

Regarding the graphics, the original in-game graphics remain largely the same with improvements sprinkled here and there. Visually the game will continue to receive improvements as we develop BG2:EE and our changes are patched into BG:EE.

so this later graphics improvement will be for free?

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Yes.
    great! thanks for everything and sorry for bothering all the time
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85

I can assure you that is not the case.

Regarding the graphics, the original in-game graphics remain largely the same with improvements sprinkled here and there. Visually the game will continue to receive improvements as we develop BG2:EE and our changes are patched into BG:EE.

I offer unto you the soul of my first born and a bag of lays potato chips. You ladies and gentlemen are fraking amazing.

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Just wait until you see the upcoming Sepia Tone feature!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950

Just wait until you see the upcoming Sepia Tone feature!

OH boy! I can't sleep now!
    Well, I'm blind anyway and play the game by way of sound effects....as long as you added one to remind me that I am running into walls, I'm happy.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2012
    Btw. i wonder how big the quality loss is when running the game in 1080P - Since as already is known, source artwork is lost.

Thing is that, Combination of Higher Resolutions, Low Resolution Backgrounds/Sprites and Zoom with Filters against sprite pixel problems - do for sure take away a bit of visual quality.. Sharpness.. Whatever...

Just being curious :D
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @IkonNavros - we'll find out soon enough. The word is that the filters are fantastic in rendering the full screen but it will look dated in that it is not a brand new engine.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    My laptop only goes up to 1366x768, but the zoom looks great.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited November 2012
    In that case.. lets just hope it will look good enough to bring also perhaps some critics back:D

I am happy as long as it is partly comparable to the original crisp graphic or as it was delivered when using the widescreen mod - i would see that as a Win situation, since it is unrealistic to expect a "better as the original" or "close.. but not beyond"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    I sometimes wonder, after all the complaints I've read in the threads, how many people would be complaining if the assets had not been lost because the graphics would be too different from the original game...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @IkonNavros

I've done some comparisons between BG1 and BGEE while zoomed in and the differences are negligible.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    Menthro said:

Well, I'm blind anyway and play the game by way of sound effects....as long as you added one to remind me that I am running into walls, I'm happy.

Are you being serious, or are you joking?
    Aosaw said:

@Kristie83
    He'd answer, but he can't read your post.
    :)

Ok, I'm going to assume he is joking lol! But, in my defense, I'm sure there is software out there for the blind that will read the text on your screen to you...I did wonder though how it would be possible to play a game like BG though... Geez, I'm so gullible... *hangs head in shame*
    @Kristie83 I was but joking. I promise. I did once play quake 2 I think without a monitor for awhile. Then I found the lava pit...

@Aosaw nice.
    @Menthro LOL! You really had me believing you there! :D Why would you attempt to play anything without a monitor? How did you even start the game?
    @Kristie83 I was 10 and it had come unplugged. At that age I didn't know what had happened, nor did I know it wasn't part of the game. When my father got home that night I asked him how he got past it!
    @Menthro Now THAT is a funny story. Made me lol! Thanks for sharing! What did your dad say?
    @Kristie83 He looked at me funny, plugged the monitor back in, laughed, and then proceeded to hand me my.... posterior in a game of Civ 2. I had a geeks childhood and I loved it!
    @Menthro You're lucky to have had such a geeky upbringing. My friends were all like "where's your Barbies" and I was like "Well, I have the Ninja Turtle Sewer, or we could play Zelda on my NES" LOL!