Skip to content

BG:EE Android Mod Request

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited March 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi @Dawglicious, I moved your request into the BGEE part of the forum.

For those just reading, the request is:

@Gusinda Would you have the time to set up the BG1 NPC project mod for the Android version of bgee? Or is that mod not possible currently on Android?

Sure, no probs. Have a look at the readme and let me know the components that you would like installed.

Gus

Edit: What is your version of BGEE? I don't have the beta...
Post edited by Gusinda on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited March 2018
    Damn... opened in the wrong discussion area...
    Moderators, can I get this moved to BG:EE section.

Thanks
    Gus

Edit: @JuliusBorisov - any chance to move this thread to the BG:EE Mods section? Thanks
    Post edited by Gusinda on
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2018
    Gusinda said:

Hi @Dawglicious, I moved your request into the BGEE part of the forum.

For those just reading, the request is:

@Gusinda Would you have the time to set up the BG1 NPC project mod for the Android version of bgee? Or is that mod not possible currently on Android?

Sure, no probs. Have a look at the readme and let me know the components that you would like installed.

Gus
    Thank you, I really appreciate it!

For the BG1 NPC Project, I would like all of the components except for the BG2 portraits being used.
    - For the banter love talks triggering, the standard 1 hour is fine.
    - For the Cloakwood, I would like all areas open from the start.
    - SixofSpades expanded diary please

I was also hoping you could throw in a few other mods:

Neera Banter mod, without the use of the DLC portrait.

Convenience Tweaks for BG1 would be nice, all of the components would be cool.

If you could also throw in the Unfinished business mod, that would be great. Everything from that is fine, though I guess no need for the diary corrections if the NPC project is already correcting it.

Lastly, if the BGEENPC Tweaks mod could be applied, I would definitely appreciate it. The only parts I would want from that mod are:
    - Add priest of Tempus kit
    - Add all from "Adjust NPC clases". Shar-teel = Berserker

I am currently running the most recent Beta of BGEE on my tablet. I assume when the next update rolls out that I should NOT download it?

If you wouldn't mind giving a brief rundown on how to install these once I have them I would be thankful.

I am also curious if there is an easy way to remove the xp cap for the android versions of the BG games, or if I would need a mod to do it. I know there is this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10212/a-simple-xp-cap-remover-now-compatible-with-siege-of-dragonspear/p1
    If I can simply place that in an override file on my tablet, that would be cool, though I am unsure if it would work right because it seems to be designed for the BGEE + SOD version, while the tablet versions have been kept seperate.

Once again, thank you for being willing to take the time to help with this. I can't wait to play BGEE with NPCs actually speaking to one another!

Post edited by Dawglicious on
    edited March 2018
    @Gusinda I just noticed you said you don't have the beta. I WAS running the beta android release, but I just uninstalled and went back to the last public release, so we should be all good :smile:

EDIT: It looks like the last public release was 1.3.2070. If you are on a computer, the android beta would likely be closer in line with features on PC (which is on 2.3 something or other) than the old android version.
    Hi @Dawglicious, I just have BG on my Note 4 right now for testing as I mainly play in the Windows environment. Gave my tablet away and got a hybrid notebook. More suits my needs.

The mod is complete so have a go and let me know if there are any probs...

To install:
    - Download files
    - Copy file 'Dawglicious.zip' to the BGEE files folder
    'sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/'
    - Delete or rename any current override folder or other modfile.zip.
    - Using ES File Explorer (or My Files), unpack the file to the current path.
    - move or delete 'Dawglicious.zip'
    - You should now have baldur.ini and lang.zip in the root of the folder and a new folder called override
    - Test BGEE start.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete both lang.zip and the folder override

I have included the modfile (Dawglicious.zip) itself, the WeiDU.log so if you have any probs, you can see what was installed. And a text file which includes the install instructions and installed components.

Tested it on the Note 4 and for the short run, it seemed to work.

Happy gaming
    Gus
    edited March 2018
    Gusinda said:

Hi @Dawglicious, I just have BG on my Note 4 right now for testing as I mainly play in the Windows environment. Gave my tablet away and got a hybrid notebook. More suits my needs.

The mod is complete so have a go and let me know if there are any probs...

To install:
    - Download files
    - Copy file 'Dawglicious.zip' to the BGEE files folder
    'sdcard/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/'
    - Delete or rename any current override folder or other modfile.zip.
    - Using ES File Explorer (or My Files), unpack the file to the current path.
    - move or delete 'Dawglicious.zip'
    - You should now have baldur.ini and lang.zip in the root of the folder and a new folder called override
    - Test BGEE start.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete both lang.zip and the folder override

I have included the modfile (Dawglicious.zip) itself, the WeiDU.log so if you have any probs, you can see what was installed. And a text file which includes the install instructions and installed components.

Tested it on the Note 4 and for the short run, it seemed to work.

Happy gaming
    Gus

@Gusinda It's working fine so far! Once again thank you so much!

I'm looking forward to being able to play through BGEE2 with mods as well, though that is one where there are way more I am interested in. Is there a limit to how many mods can be installed with this method?

@Dawglicious, no probs. I actually don't use many mods so if there is an amount, I haven't been past it. The most I have included are generally for the those that request. You could see in the thread you made the original request what people have requested. I understand that some mods don't work but I think that sort of thing needs to be dealt with when it happens. Haven't seen a list, just text somewhere in threads.

Gus