Skip to content

Can't play with my friends

LokowarLokowar Member Posts: 3
So, i am trying to play the game with my friends but everytime i try to join the server it shows this:

And when i create the server, this message shows for them too. Can someone help me with this. One of the main reasons to buy the game on steam was to play with my friend and i really upset with this problem. If someones help me with this i will be grateful.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Can this help you?

"If you attempt to log into a multiplayer server, it may fail, saying that the player name was rejected. Set your player name to Save as Default. Then attempt to connect to the game twice, this should let you access the server"

https://trello.com/c/PjbVxJzm/104-known-issues

If it's another problem, please, file a bug report on support.baldursgate.com following the instruction here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee
  • LokowarLokowar Member Posts: 3
    I dont think that player name is my problem, i even tried what you suggested for me but it didnt worked out. I am gonna reinstall my game here, and if the problem persists i will file a bug report on the site. Thanks anyway :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks. Our developers will investigate the bug.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hmmm

It's possible that the router you're using doesn't support NAT punchthrough.

Out of curiosity, are you both on the same network? Have you attempted port-forwarding?

Additionally, are you both running Steam or the beamdog client, or a mix?

Thanks!
  • LokowarLokowar Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    I've seen some people with the same problem talking about the lack of support of NAT punchthrough on router and i still not tried port forwarding because i dont understand how this works, but i will research about it on google and try it and see if this works. By the way we are running on steam and i think that we are using the same network.

Update 1: About port forwading, i tried this with my friend and i still got the same error again.
    Update 2: I tried to use a third party program "Game server manager" to host my own server and still got the same error. The funny thing about this, its that i wasnt able to connect in my own server XD
    Update 3: I reported this bug on Redmine
    Post edited by Lokowar on