Skip to content

How can I change wizard/cleric spells to innate using nearinfinity?

2»

Comments

• zaruszarus Member Posts: 3
    I've created a copy of the Cone of Cold spell and added it to a character as a "known spell" in the CRE resource and made it an "innate" type spell there, too. And it still doesn't show up. What else do I have to do?
    I modified those fields in the copy.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Innate spells have to be memorized to be usable. It sounds like you've only made it a known spell, and not edited the memorization data.
    Note that in-game tools like opcode 171 "Give Ability", the "AddSpecialAbility" script action, and GA_ entries in kit CLABs all do the memorization part automatically.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @zarus: There's one more thing you may be missing here: each spell file has a field that determines whether the spell shows up in your innate abilities or your spellbook. In Near Infinity, you can find it here:
    uv504lhammca.png

Change that value from "Spell" to "Ability" and it should show up in your innate abilities. Note that you have to do this for every level of the spell, up to level 15 in the case of Cone of Cold, or otherwise it will only show up properly in the innate abilities for certain levels of the spell.