Skip to content

[MOD] Improved Heart of Fury Mode Version 4.2.0

18910111214»

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @who_is_daniel
    By the way I have seen that EEEx is mentioned as needed for anything other then Turn Undead Synergy ? I would rather avoid EEEx as I dont use anything else that needs it.

Aside from the Turn Undead Synergy component, the main component also turns the Know Alignment spell into Identify Creature if you have EEex installed. This spell shows various information about the target (stats, immunities, whether certain magical effects are active).

However, Improved Heart of Fury Mode is currently not compatible with the current version of EEex. EEex has been changed significantly in order to work on v2.6 of the EEs, and I have not yet updated this mod to work with the new EEex. Though this mod WILL work on v2.6 of IWD:EE if you don't have EEex installed.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @who_is_daniel
    By the way I have seen that EEEx is mentioned as needed for anything other then Turn Undead Synergy ? I would rather avoid EEEx as I dont use anything else that needs it.

Aside from the Turn Undead Synergy component, the main component also turns the Know Alignment spell into Identify Creature if you have EEex installed. This spell shows various information about the target (stats, immunities, whether certain magical effects are active).

However, Improved Heart of Fury Mode is currently not compatible with the current version of EEex. EEex has been changed significantly in order to work on v2.6 of the EEs, and I have not yet updated this mod to work with the new EEex. Though this mod WILL work on v2.6 of IWD:EE if you don't have EEex installed.

Thank you very much for your timely reply! Ok, sounds great, I am looking forward to this!
    I have been looking over some of the spells and looking for the changes and noticed that Spell Immunity no longer protects against Abjuration magic (and that is logical) and therefore will not protect from Dispel & Remove Magic. I expect the foes will be removing my defenses and (I never mind the single target ones like Breach) I am not sure how to protect my party from Dispel. The only defense I can find in the spells or potions or items so far is the
    • The L7 priest spell Shield of the Archons with a Duration of 1 round/level.
    • The wizard spell L5 Spell Shield with a Duration of 8 rounds.

I tend to find single classed characters boring so always use duel/multi classed characters so I get dispelled easily. What would you recommend I do?
    @who_is_daniel

To protect yourself from Dispel Magic, you do exactly what you just said: you cast Spell Shield or Shield of the Archons. Aside from that, you can interrupt or kill the enemy spellcasters before they cast Dispel Magic, or if you can't, you could at least have the targeted party member move away from the rest of the party so only one character gets dispelled.
    Ok, thank you I just thought I was missing something else. This will be fun I am sure.
    I am having fun with your mod, thank you for making and releasing it!

I do have a question though. In the Vale of Shadows I have noticed some of the
    Zombies
    use an ability called
    Devour brain
    and that seems logical along with the effect of
    loss of intellect
    and I think that is great. What I dont understand is why Lessor Restoration will not fix the ability drain as the description still says "This reverses effects that drain levels or ability scores" It seems logical that it would work but it is not; is that intentional?
    @who_is_daniel
    I am having fun with your mod, thank you for making and releasing it!

I do have a question though. In the Vale of Shadows I have noticed some of the
    Zombies
    use an ability called
    Devour brain
    and that seems logical along with the effect of
    loss of intellect
    and I think that is great. What I dont understand is why Lessor Restoration will not fix the ability drain as the description still says "This reverses effects that drain levels or ability scores" It seems logical that it would work but it is not; is that intentional?

That's not intentional. Restoration spells should remove intelligence drain. I'll fix that in the next update.
    That's not intentional. Restoration spells should remove intelligence drain. I'll fix that in the next update.

Thank you! :)
    I am having a lot of fun with your mod. I just wanted to give you a bug report in case you want them. The Wand of Freezing Death's description says that it "Requires: 9 Intelligence" however my Bard with a 20 Intelligence and everyone with less get a message about inadequate intelligence when I try to equip it into the quick item slot. My Fighter/Mage/Thief with 24 Intelligence is able to equip it.
  • zuulforrestzuulforrest Member Posts: 4
    Is this mod still supported? It's been a long time since any activity in this thread. Still looking forward to compatibility with EEEx.
  • DarkblazerDarkblazer Member Posts: 3
    Just downloaded the mod .
    The shop/ Hp/dmg sems to be ok with Hof even the exp is like it should be .
    The problem is that the roll stats abilities I'm still getting 3-18 despite the +2 stats that you get on rolls .

Reinstalled IWD ,reinstalled the mod but is the same . I'm doing something wrong ?
    edited March 12
    2nd
  • StelliumStellium Member Posts: 4
    I'm going to play your mod again on hof, but this time with only 3 characters. I would like you to make a new version of your mod, even more difficult, something like version 5.0 (new enemies, more powerful than before) i love it your mod.
  • RavandelRavandel Member Posts: 54
    edited March 18
    I think something is wrong with skill table of Archer (perhaps other ranger specializations too?)rl4wzfozy3wq.jpg

I got that issue on my regular run, but checked with Better HoF only installed and it is the same. You get a lot of points, but you cannot assign them anymore (250 is cap) and you are stuck on leveling screen forever. Alt+F4 required.

~~I fixed it by removing RANGER entry from THIEFSKL.2DA~~

---
    Also some other issues I found:
    1. Charged ability of Blessed Helm of Lathander doesn't work
    2. Berserkers can still wear any armor (even though the descriptions says that they should wear only leather)
    Post edited by Ravandel on
    Now Imagine this mod with also IWDEE 2.6.6.0 Modfiles with Extra Areas, Quests and NPCs
  • zuulforrestzuulforrest Member Posts: 4
    Darkblazer wrote: »
    Now Imagine this mod with also IWDEE 2.6.6.0 Modfiles with Extra Areas, Quests and NPCs

It doesn't look like that's likely to happen as the author hasn't posted in this thread in nearly a year. I'd really love to see compatibility with EEex, too. :(