Skip to content

The next installment is downloading . . .

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Ascerion said:

elminster said:

CoryNewb said:

CoryNewb said:

If this means I can play. I'm going to flip.

No play-time yet, it just means you now have 99% data for release day.
    ONE CAN DREAM
    BUT! if you use a compatible media player (like VLC) you can go into the movies folder and view the awesome new cutscenes!!
    Personally I'm savouring all of that for my first playthrough :)
    Right, same here. Except maybe the Opening one, and leaving Candlekeep?

Some of the videos are missing, like the opening :(
    Its to make us drool more for wednesday :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited November 2012
    So I looked but frankly I'm not much of a computer expert on the software side of things. I didn't have much luck finding the portraits. Are they easily accessible? I'm not sure if any new portraits are being added now or later. (Yea ok I'm willing to spoil the new stuff a little bit for myself, but just for any additional portraits beyond Dorn, Neera and Rassads).

Edit: There is a portraits.bif file but I dare not try to use random things like notepad to try opening it for fear of incurring Gorions wrath. Plus using notepad wouldn't give me what I seek :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited November 2012
    tilly said:

elminster said:

Wait what. Its not even 12am in Edmonton. Pointless scramble time :p

Maybe this is to provide solace to any devastated Calgary fans out there. Argos!, Argos!, Argos! (don't ask).

Ha! Calgary is awash with a sea of green, my friend! :p At least half of us don't root for the reds. XD

Also I've been out of sorts with sports for many years now. I had to think of what you were saying for a bit before I got it. n_n'
    No worries. It was a good game and thanks to that mayoral bet some needy people will be getting help so its a win-win for everyone.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    I noticed the Decrypt.dll in BG:EE/00766/Data folder.

It has some very interesting lines of code in it, when viewed in notepad.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Who knows how to open .Biff files without Infinity Explorer or Near Infinity?
    edited November 2012
    Wait there are .Biff files now? Do those fill in for the .bif files? :p
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    fapfapfapfapfapfapFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    elminster said:

Wait there are .Biff files now? Do those fill in for the .bif files? :p

XD .Bif**
    So I'm guessing thats a no on being able to find the portraits. Bummer.
  • RogueJKRogueJK Member Posts: 10
    Interesting... Just got the last 500 megs. Wonder what this means?
    edited November 2012
    RogueJK said:

Interesting... Just got the last 500 megs. Wonder what this means?

You win a great prize. Now you get to wait until Wednesday to play the game :) (the prize being avoiding the risk of getting hit by backed up servers I suppose)

You also should be able to watch some of the new vids if you feel like searching for them.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Where do I find these video files?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    data/00766/movies

i use vlc to play them.
    edited November 2012
    C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\movies

This next one is for the Black Pits (I assume anyways).

C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US\movies
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    Honestly, I'm a bit upset. I have utterly crap internet, and I had to use the alternate torrent system to get hold of the 1.3 GB version. Now I'm struggling along trying to get the next 500, and realistically I'm not going to manage unless they've updated the .torrent from the Beamdog site. Does anyone know if they have? And if so, I now have 1.8 GB to plow through again. I'm sharing 512kb with 130 other people here. No exaggeration. And it keeps corrupting large downloads.

Why couldn't we have just had the whole package at once?! :( I realize that since I decided to come work out here in Nigeria, I have effectively renounced most good things, like power, water, and internet that actually works... but c'mon.
    Dont think youll need to download all 1.8 gb again. it will just resume if saved in same map.

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited November 2012
    @lordkim How'd you get them to play? I used VLC and I only got several frames of blank video.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Does this mean they took our bribe?
    Damn I sure hope the NHL stays locked out now or I am gonna have to dish out some expensive tickets.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2012
    ahhh awesome this time the download is much smother between 350- 700 kbs :)
    @Mortianna just open vlc, and drag the file into the window.:)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

Who knows how to open .Biff files without Infinity Explorer or Near Infinity?

Afaik you can't - you need a .KEY file that keeps track of what information is contained in the .BIFs in order to open them.

• mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    nope, the download time is just as awful.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @lordkim Looks like I had an old version of VLC. I finished updating it and they now play just fine. :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Cameron Tofer ‏@CameronTofer
    Pre-load part 2 is now up. only 25mb remaining...

Seems it is no big secret :) speeds were pretty good. 500-600 kbs. Can't wait. Must stop procrastinating, must finish work before the 28th >.<
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    I must say that this is confusingly implemented thus far. I received no email to the effect that I can start the second download. Nor that I had to click on the "pre-download completed" box to initiate the update.

I would have had no idea I could do this had I not happened onto this thread.

On the plus side, at least for me the update apparently went pretty fast. I came back after about 15 or 20 minutes and it was done.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    @Lemernis: did you update the BG:EE launcher from 2.3 to 2.4 before you downloaded the additional 500MB?I still haven't figured out in which sequence all this should be done...
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    @Ignatius Same for me as Lemernis and I am still on the old version of the launcher as far as I know. Just saw this thread and quickly loaded up the launcher, (through program files rather than the desktop icon since someone on here suggested that at some point to get updates) clicked on where it said preload complete and then it downloaded superquick at 3mbish/sec rate.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624

@Ignatius Same for me as Lemernis and I am still on the old version of the launcher as far as I know. Just saw this thread and quickly loaded up the launcher, (through program files rather than the desktop icon since someone on here suggested that at some point to get updates) clicked on where it said preload complete and then it downloaded superquick at 3mbish/sec rate.

Ok, I understand that you did not update your BG:EE launcher version before dowloading the 500MB extra content. Thanks for that, I'll try it tonight.

I wonder how many of us will have a bug when we finally get to launch the complete game, because of a missing file or utdated file version, and have to download the full 2MB content all over again...