Skip to content

SOA will not start after Siege of Dragonspear

My daughter and I just finished Siege of Dragonspear after completing BG:EE. We wish to start SOA but cannot import our characters or save from Dragonspear. We are using the Beamdog client and can't locate the Save folder? Does anybody know where it is? It is not listed with the other files for the game. Can we create a save file? We are using just our two characters.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    By default the Siege saves are in the same main folder as the BGEE ones (documents / Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) - the sub-folder is just called sodsave rather than save.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • prouddadx3prouddadx3 Member Posts: 4
    I do have a BPsave from the Black pits but not a SODsave file.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2018
    All saves should be in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition. There should be the following folders:

- save
    - bpsave
    - mpbpsave
    - mpsave
    - sodsave
    - mpsodsave

Considering you played in MP, the saves should be in mpsodsave.
    Grond0[Deleted User]
  • prouddadx3prouddadx3 Member Posts: 4
    We found them on the Host computer. Thanks for all your help
  • HAVOC_2011HAVOC_2011 Member Posts: 7
    I just finished Siege of Dragonspear after completing BG:EE. I would like to start SOA but cannot import my characters from the final of Dragonspear. I am using the Beamdog client to play BG2EE. I followed the instructions above and in the forum to copy and paste the character files from the folders in BG:EE to BG2:EE. I get stuck in a loop trying to import my character. I cannot import any of the pre-generated characters either. Please help.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @HAVOC_2011, try importing through a saved game. Not sure which OS you are using so will try for Windows. It should pick up your list of saved games from BGEE/SOD.

Gus
  • HAVOC_2011HAVOC_2011 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you Gusinda! I am running Windows 10. I have tried to import using a saved game from SOD. I cannot even import a pre-generated character, let alone my main character. At no time does the game highlight "accept" tab after a character is selected. If you have a step by step on how to, please send or post.
    [Deleted User]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    From the main menu

SoA - > Single Player - > Import Game (the button is on the centre- right side of the screen). Then select your Sod save.
    Gusinda[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov