Skip to content

Jordan Peterson

123457»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

ThacoBell said:

@DragonKing I'm not sure how this is a debate. I said we need better than we have, and you said we need to improve what we have. Kinda the same argument in different words.

"People can't work, set up systems that train them in various trade skills; construction, engineering, plumbing, landscaping and *insert job-specific training."
    And how do you train someone in skills to work when disability prevents them from being able to work at all?

"Now specific things like medicine and treatments is a whole different story all together"

Ignoring that not every disability makes you ineligible to work. Ignoring the fact that is moving the goal post seeing how I have always been talking about people who choose to depend on welfare instead of actually trying to move past it.

It became a debate because you quoted me replying as if you were disagreeing with everything I said. @ThacoBell
    Um, what?
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

@DragonKing I'm not sure how this is a debate. I said we need better than we have, and you said we need to improve what we have. Kinda the same argument in different words.

"People can't work, set up systems that train them in various trade skills; construction, engineering, plumbing, landscaping and *insert job-specific training."
    And how do you train someone in skills to work when disability prevents them from being able to work at all?

"Now specific things like medicine and treatments is a whole different story all together"

Ignoring that not every disability makes you ineligible to work. Ignoring the fact that is moving the goal post seeing how I have always been talking about people who choose to depend on welfare instead of actually trying to move past it.

It became a debate because you quoted me replying as if you were disagreeing with everything I said. @ThacoBell
    Um, what?
    Nevermind, im actually tired of this topic now. Farewell i shall return when something else said catches my interest.
    I have no idea what just happened.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Psychological warfare.
    Unfortunately for you, I am too stupid for that to work HAHAHAHAH-wait.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2018
    *putting on my serious face*

Personally, I don't really care about Peterson. The only thing that really irritates me is his use of the term, "post modern neo Marxism".

It's not even that the phrase is oxymoronic (though that's also annoying, but whatever). I understand that he knows that the term is senseless, but rather he *seems*--he's never really clear about what he really thinks, which is annoying, so add that to the list-- to think that ' the left is an alliance between postmodernists an Marxists bent on..ummm, who knows, but it seems to have something to do with Stalinism'.

I'm 'on the left' but I'm not Marxist, neo or otherwise, and I'm not postmodernist--postmodernism generally annoys the spit out of me.

I'm not a relativist, either. I'm literally the opposite of that (I'm Kantian). I feel like I have to say that because he seems to also think that leftists/'postmodern neo Marxists' are also relativists, even though relativism is also incompatible with postmodernism. Whatever, nevermind. (Yeah, the intellectual sloppiness is also annoying, so maybe add that to the list).

Man! So many distracting roadblocks to discourse. Yeah, add that to the list. Like, when JP comes up, you're supposed to play charades, because ambiguity

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I was annoyed about all of the time I've wasted trying to figure this guy out

Edit: it's also darkly funny that the biggest complaint you hear from him or his acolytes is that he is mischaracterized and/or misunderstood when he so blatantly and obviously misunderstands and/or mischaracterizes 'the left'.
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on