Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Beamdog Client Update 2.1.8

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,397
A new update for the Beamdog Client is here! v2.1.8 brings a much asked for feature to Beamdog.com, the ability to purchase and play individual pieces of DLC.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/beamdog-client-update-218.html

ThacoBellAedan

Comments

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 167
    Not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I've been having some issues with the Client... recent issues like today and a few days ago. New laptop, so installing games from client... when I click install, the client often closes and I need to sign-in again and click install again. Should I delete and reinstall the Client?

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 15,672
    fluke13 said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I've been having some issues with the Client... recent issues like today and a few days ago. New laptop, so installing games from client... when I click install, the client often closes and I need to sign-in again and click install again. Should I delete and reinstall the Client?

You may want to reinstall it

JuliusBorisov
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2
    I've just upgraded to the new 2.1.8 client and I can't download the soundtrack for Siege of Dragonspear. I am owning Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe. In the client, when I click on the Additional content: Official Soundtrack, my browser opens up to the store page of the soundtrack.

Edit: It looks like the download works from the website. It's not supported directly from the client.

P.S. On the Beamdog website, while logged-in, it would be nice to mark the games one already owns as such. All the games I have still show me the option to buy them. That's why initially I didn't notice the Soundtrack download.

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 15,397
    Thanks for your feedback.

M0tan
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 55
    edited July 3
    Another suggestion would be to allow the user to choose where the client software is being installed. I keep my OS on C: drive, and any other software gets installed on different partitions. The Beamdog client installs automatically to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\beamdogClient\app-2.1.8\" (Not even C:\Program Files\)

Post edited by M0tan on
    JuliusBorisov