Skip to content

Beamdog Client Update 2.1.8

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
A new update for the Beamdog Client is here! v2.1.8 brings a much asked for feature to Beamdog.com, the ability to purchase and play individual pieces of DLC.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/beamdog-client-update-218.html

Comments

• fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I've been having some issues with the Client... recent issues like today and a few days ago. New laptop, so installing games from client... when I click install, the client often closes and I need to sign-in again and click install again. Should I delete and reinstall the Client?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    fluke13 said:

Not sure if this is the best place to post it, but I've been having some issues with the Client... recent issues like today and a few days ago. New laptop, so installing games from client... when I click install, the client often closes and I need to sign-in again and click install again. Should I delete and reinstall the Client?

You may want to reinstall it
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2018
    I've just upgraded to the new 2.1.8 client and I can't download the soundtrack for Siege of Dragonspear. I am owning Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Digital Deluxe. In the client, when I click on the Additional content: Official Soundtrack, my browser opens up to the store page of the soundtrack.

Edit: It looks like the download works from the website. It's not supported directly from the client.

P.S. On the Beamdog website, while logged-in, it would be nice to mark the games one already owns as such. All the games I have still show me the option to buy them. That's why initially I didn't notice the Soundtrack download.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2018
    Another suggestion would be to allow the user to choose where the client software is being installed. I keep my OS on C: drive, and any other software gets installed on different partitions. The Beamdog client installs automatically to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\beamdogClient\app-2.1.8\" (Not even C:\Program Files\)
    Post edited by M0tan on