Skip to content

[MOD] DLC Merger: Merge Steam/GOG SoD DLC or custom DLCs with the main game

124»

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    @Neige that doesn't sound like it should be. I think you have remnants of an older install/deinstall in your game folder. Refreshing the resources does not suffice to get rid of it. Read more here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1005105/#Comment_1005105
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,837
    argent77 wrote: »
    I can't speak for SCS specifically, but mods generally check whether the file "sod-dlc.zip" exists in the game folder or the "dlc" subfolder.
    That's exactly what SCS does. From stratagems/lib/always.tph:
    ACTION_IF ((FILE_EXISTS ~dlc/sod-dlc.zip~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~sod-dlc.zip~)) THEN BEGIN FAIL @27 END // Modmerge check

• NeigeNeige Member Posts: 17
    jastey wrote: »
    @Neige that doesn't sound like it should be. I think you have remnants of an older install/deinstall in your game folder. Refreshing the resources does not suffice to get rid of it. Read more here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1005105/#Comment_1005105

All I do is DL BG:EE from Steam, copy the whole directory in a new location. Install DLCMerger in this new directory. And I still have the file sod-dlc.zip. as you pointed out, this is not like it should be since I have errors while running the game after the installation of SCS (messages like invalid +code)
  • NeigeNeige Member Posts: 17
    I eventually managed to solve the issue. As suggested, I deleted the file sod-dlc.disabled from the dlc directory and launched again the DLCMerger and it is now ok. Thank you
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Is this still the procedure when installing any mod with EE + SOD? even new soundsets like Graion?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,837
    edited April 2023
    Mods that don't change any resources that SoD changes can go without this.

New soundsets? Those need to modify CHARSND.2DA to be included at all, need to add lines to the game's dialog.tlk, and might want to modify a LUA file (BGEE.LUA in this case) to show up in the interface properly. Which are all files that SoD changes; the campaign both adds new soundsets and gives new labels to existing soundsets.

So yes, new soundsets definitely need DLC Merger, if you're installing on a version that the mod applies to.
    Post edited by jmerry on
  • visagearcanevisagearcane Member Posts: 1
    Hello, this is failing when I try to install it. Attached debug. Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    Moving dlc/sod-dlc.zip to dlc/sod-dlc.disabled
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [DlcMerger/backup/1/OTHER.1]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "DlcMerger/backup/1/OTHER.1")
    [DlcMerger/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1079 files for [DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2] component 1.
    Restoring backed-up [DlcMerger/backup/1/dialog.tlk]

Unable to Unlink [DlcMerger/backup/1/READLN.1]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "DlcMerger/backup/1/READLN.1")
    Unable to Unlink [DlcMerger/backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "DlcMerger/backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT")
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(1, "rename", "dlc/sod-dlc.zip")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-DLCMERGER.DEBUG and look for support at: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71305
    Using Language [English]
    @visagearcane seems the installer has no rights to rename the file. You are trying to mod your original steam game folder. Make a copy of teh folder elsewhere and install your mods there to prevent your OS to interfere.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,439
    New version released: DLC Merger 1.4

Changelog:
    • Added Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks Felipe)
    • Added component labels for Project Infinity
    • Improved detection and handling of invalid DLC archives
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,439
    New version released: DLC Merger 1.5

Changelog:
    • Added Spanish translation (thanks ElGamerViejuno)
    • Fixed typo in Brazilian Portuguese translation