Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] DLC Merger: Merge Steam/GOG SoD DLC or custom DLCs with the main game

2»

Comments

  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 21,128
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Endarire, it is unlikely you will be able to do that. I believe that you need to get SOD from the same place that you get BG1EE for it to install.

    If however you manage to get Beamdog SOD installed (and playable), then it is already unpacked so you shouldn't need to use DLC Merger.

    Gus

    This is 100% correct.

  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,946
    ALIEN wrote: »
    @Endarire The "DLC Merger" mod is only required if you bought SoD from Steam or GoG.

    Btw, there is no harm in running DLCMerger even on an already merged game. If the mod detects that there is nothing to merge it will simply abort the operation with a short message.

    ALIENGrammarsalad
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    @Moderation
    Please, would you pin this thread.

    Grammarsaladhook71Gwendolyne
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,553
    jastey wrote: »
    @Moderation
    Please, would you pin this thread.

    This really does need to be pinned

  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    edited April 30
    jastey wrote: »
    This looks great!
    One question: with your Merger, does the detection of modmerged games as proposed by CamDawg here turn ok or will the mods that use this fail?

    argent77 wrote: »
    Yes, DLC Merger is compatible with the detection method posted by CamDawg.

    Link leads to 404. Can anyone point me in the right direction to where it is posted?

    Would really love to use the mods that require modmerge when I am using DLC Merger.

    Thanks! :)


    EDIT: I think I found it. However I am not exactly sure how to make use of it.
    Do I just paste it in and retry when the particular weidu mod fails due to not detecting modmerge??

    Post edited by Gubo on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,946
    @Gubo DLC Merger is handled just like any other mod. Unpack it into the game directory (where you can find the file chitin.key). Execute the file "setup-DlcMerger.exe" and follow the instructions.

    If the mod states that there is nothing to merge then it could be because of one of the following:
    • The game is already merged or doesn't need to be merged because it was downloaded from the Beamdog store or doesn't contain SoD.
    • There are remnants from a previous merge attempt which interfere with proper DLC detection.
    In the latter case I'd suggest to follow the instructions from this post.

  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    @Gubo The check by CamDawg is for modders (mod writers) to include into their mod, so it checks upon installation whether the SoD game is properly modmerged (e.g. by this DLC Merger here) or not. It's a service for players that might have forgotten or do not know about this being required for SoD from GOG/Steam. It's nothing a player can make use of. What you need as a player is the DLC Merger Tool linked in the first post of this thread.
    (The check does not work for Windows systems unfortunately due to reasons not related to WeiDU, so if you are on Windows and no mod complained about needed modmerging then that does not necessarily mean your game was prepared.)

  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    Yeah I got it that it is like any other WeiDu.
    However I have like 3 or 4 mods that are expecting to see ModMerge but since I use DLC Merger it fails.
    Which I was hoping CamDawg's check was for end users to have a work around to point it from modmerge to DLC Merger but now I see it is not.

    Now seeing your comments that it is for mod developers then it must be in the hands of the mod authors to add the support of recognizing DLC Merger in lieu of modmerge.


    Yeah I already understand that it is either or for DLC Merger and ModMerge.

    I can see how my leading sentence made me seem like I didn't see the archive/link in the OP for DLC Merger and may have made me seem I was a super novice/clueless.

  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    edited May 1
    @Gubo
    However I have like 3 or 4 mods that are expecting to see ModMerge but since I use DLC Merger it fails.
    The result is the same with both tools, there is nothing a mod needs to do differently. What exactly do you mean if you say it fails?
    Did you start with a completely new downloaded game? Because if it is a game that was modded before, there might be remnants you need to clean like @argent77 linked to here before you can start anew with modmerging and modding, and will lead to scrumbled mods in game although modmerge did not give a warning.

    EDIT: There might be mods that give the warning that "the game needs to be modmerged" or "please use Modmerger" making it sound like this DLC Merger wouldn't do the trick, but that is because these warning text lines were written before @argent77 wrote the DLC Merger. It doesn't mean that the Modmerge Tool is superior. Actually, argent's DLC Merger is better because it is handled like a mod install.

    Gwendolyne
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    edited May 1
    I've been doing complete uninstalls, deleting the leftover installation game folder, and reinstalling from steam trying to get it all to work. Then rinse and repeat.

    Yes, that's why I switched to DLC Merger cause its easier to manage. However I am 99% sure I'll just switch back to ModMerge this evening.

    Failure:
    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

    Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v24.6]
    FAILURE:
    Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

    ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 0 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG and look for support at: The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
    Using Language [English]

    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

    NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

    Press ENTER to exit.

    And of course this is after I have ran DLC Merger.

  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    @Gubo Would you post your weidu.log, please?

  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    edited May 1
    SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG
    WeiDU v 24600 Log

    E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1npc.exe
    [.\chitin.key] loaded, 520222 bytes
    [.\chitin.key] 80 BIFFs, 36993 resources
    [.\engine.lua] loaded, 101 bytes
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] loaded, 4731376 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 34000 string entries

    Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]
    2 [Francais (traduit par les d'Oghmatiques)]
    3 [Polski (Tlumaczenie przez Children of Bhaal)]
    4 [Deutsch (Teiluebersetzung vom Kerzenburgforum, teilweise noch in englisch)]
    5 [Russian (by Aerie Team & Arcanecoast Team)]
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 136 translation strings

    Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

    Would you like to display the readme? [Y]es [N]o

    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Romances]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Would you like to display the components from [The BG1 NPC Project: Portrait Changes and Additions]?
    [Y]es, [N]o?
    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v24.6]
    FAILURE:
    Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

    ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG and look for support at: The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 136 translation strings

    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? Saving This Log:

    NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications

    WeiDU Timings
    unmarshal KEY 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE 0.000
    parsing .tra files 0.000
    <<<<<<<< 0.000
    adding translation strings 0.000
    load TLK 0.000
    tp2 uninstall 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION 0.000
    OUTER_SET 0.000
    INCLUDE 0.000
    parsing .log files 0.000
    process_patch2 0.000
    eval_pe 0.000
    FAIL 0.000
    DEFINE_ACTION_MACRO 0.000
    OUTER_INNER_PATCH 0.000
    ACTION_IF 0.000
    READ_* 0.000
    loading files 0.000
    DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO 0.000
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.016
    unmarshal TLK 0.016
    Parsing TPA files 0.047
    TOTAL 0.094


    WeiDU
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

    Post edited by Gubo on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    edited May 2
    @Gubo
    Your weidu.log doesn't show DLC Merger is installed. Would you post the DEBUG from the DLC Merger too, please?

  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    I would but I uninstalled, reinstalled BGEE+SoD, and used ModMerge.

    I got all the mods I have to install but haven't started a game yet.

    Besides trying to get some soundsets to work I think I'll stick with ModMerge.
    I feel like a thorn in peoples side since you are trying to help me :(

  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    edited May 2
    Gubo wrote: »
    I feel like a thorn in peoples side since you are trying to help me :(
    This is what the forums are for! Don't hesitate to ask. I'm sorry you encounter so many problems.

    If you still have installing problems, I would suggest starting completely new. Because, unfortunately, just letting Steam revert the install to a "clean install" does not erase the remains of a former modmerge attempt, and at least Modmerge doesn't recognize this (but the check in the mods do.) - don't know about DLC Merger, but better save than sorry. So: delete the game folder, download it anew, then install DLC Merger.
    If it doesn't work then, then I'm at a loss.
    EDIT: sorry, didn't realize you used Modmerge now. If it worked now then happy playing!

  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 58
    jastey wrote: »
    So: delete the game folder, download it anew, then install DLC Merger.
    If it doesn't work then, then I'm at a loss.
    EDIT: sorry, didn't realize you used Modmerge now. If it worked now then happy playing!

    Yeah, thats what I was doing each and every time.

  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,194
    I have installed DLCmerger on a fresh BGEE setup. CDTweaks keeps erroring and saying I need ModMerge installed. Most mods installed fine, but cdtweaks isn't. See weidu log attached.

  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,784
    edited August 16
    @Necromanx2 see here for what you need to do after reverting a formerly modded install into a fresh install via Steam.
    To put it short: if a mod tells you that you need to modmerge than that is probably true as there were instances of modmerging tools saying they were installed successfully although the game was not prepared. This happens usually after a modded install was reverted back by letting Steam refresh the game, which leaves remnant files in that trick the modmerger.
    EDIT: the reason why some mods didn't give error message is because not all mods check for a modmerged SoD install. I would trust the error message of Tweaks Anthology in this case.

    Necromanx2
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,194
    I forgot to wipe out the BGEE folder in Steam when I uninstalled. Just uninstalled, deleted all folders and reinstalled and now it works.

  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 907
    edited August 17
    Ok, I am thinking of attempting an Android EET install, but I have a few questions. Right now, I have all three games purchased and sitting on my tablet. In order to mod them, I extracted the contents of their OBB folders to my PC. So far, the extracted OBB files represent the entire game less the actual game executables (all of the game content) and can be used to apply mods.

    At the moment, there are three folders - one for each game. BG1EE, SOD, and BG2EE. For completeness, I have a "clean" (fresh from the OBB) and "modded" (where I integrate mods into a savefile/override folder) in each game folder. EEKeeper runs fine from within these folders so long as I point to the modded version.

    So, that said, can this tool be used to merge the BG1EE and SOD folders given their current state, rather than the DLC ZIP file mentioned?

  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,946
    I don't own the mobile versions of the games, so I can't tell any specifics. But since mobile SoD is a standalone game it's unlikely that it can be merged with BGEE.

    The DLC for the desktop game has been specially prepared to be used in conjunction with BGEE. For example, the dialog.tlk of the DLC contains all the strings from the BGEE main game. There are most likely incompatible differences in the biffed content either. Even if you manage to create a DLC archive out of it chances are extremely slim that it can be successfully merged.

  • XanditXandit Member Posts: 1
    edited October 11
    Hey I was trying to use this and received an error, saying "ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(1, "rename", "./sod-dlc.zip")" What can I do about this?
    Edit: Turned out I had the game open, fixed it

Sign In or Register to comment.