Skip to content

June 22 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Sign up for the Beamdog newsletter to hear more about our future games, news, promotions and giveaways!

Enjoy the full recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/june-22-livestream-recap.html
ThacoBellStummvonBordwehraarionn

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2018
    Too late, @ThacoBell! This time the honor is mine!!!

*Ahem*

Nice to see that you guys are working hard on patching the EEs. You know that we are still waiting for a quest closing the unfinished Soultaker plot, right?
    Post edited by Aedan on
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrContemplative_Hamsterkanisatha
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm quite surprised that there is a Marketing & PR Manager, to be honest. Even more surprised for never hearing about him before.
    Contemplative_Hamsterkanisatha
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I think it's funny they said the big news from BD at Pax West will be non-D&D related. I just don't see how a BD announcement that is non-D&D related can be defined as "big" news almost by definition. But I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited June 2018
    The big announcement will be of an Enhanced Edition of Lego Racers, an incredibly addictive and fast-paced game that I loved and lost at some point and can't (legitimately) find again.

Let the record show that I called this on June 23, 2018, at 20 past noon GMT.
    RaduzielThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    kanisatha said:

I think it's funny they said the big news from BD at Pax West will be non-D&D related. I just don't see how a BD announcement that is non-D&D related can be defined as "big" news almost by definition. But I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

Well, I'd personally LOVE a brand new Ip from them. Preferably an a real time with pause isometric rpg.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @JuliusBorisov it feels like the Redmine roadmap hasn't moved a lot especially concerning features. Can we expect good surprises that were not displayed there with 2.5?

The big announcement will be of an Enhanced Edition of Lego Racers, an incredibly addictive and fast-paced game that I loved and lost at some point and can't (legitimately) find again.

Let the record show that I called this on June 23, 2018, at 20 past noon GMT.

Actually played that too, it was awesome! As far as old-school racing games are concerned GOG recently released Star Wars Racer which was super awesome.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Arunsun said:

@JuliusBorisov it feels like the Redmine roadmap hasn't moved a lot especially concerning features. Can we expect good surprises that were not displayed there with 2.5?

Well, redmine only moves when publicly reported bugs/features are addressed. If you look at Redmine for IWD:EE you see 59 bugs addressed in the roadmap (v2.5.16.3). The v2.5 patch that is currently active for IWD:EE has 300+ bug fixes according to the Blog. The BG:EE patch (v2.5.15.3) already has 200+ fixes according to the Blog and the patch version will increase to v2.5.16.5 (the most recent version bugs are reported as 'Closed - Fixed' on). So imagine the total number that will be done.
    As you specifically mentioned features: there are not that many features still on 'submitted'. Some of them might even crop up in the end as Beamdog hasn't had yet made a complete list of the IE-fixes.
    Arunsun