Skip to content

Romancing Aribeth in HotU

moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
I've gone through HotU twice and still have not been able to romance Aribeth. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? If she dies and is resurrected does that break it? What things should I be doing? I ask her how she is feeling quite a bit. Is it real time based like BG2 was? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    There was a bug in the Aribeth Romance dialog scripts. Not sure if it was fixed in EE.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/nwn-hotu
  • moparmanmoparman Member Posts: 46
    That worked! Thanks!
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @moparman If you encountered this in EE (and I'd assume you did) would you mind taking a bit of time and submitting a bug report? It is something I'd prefer to work out of the box once I finally get the EE to play the campaign again...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee#latest
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    edited July 2018
    Deltharis said:

@moparman If you encountered this in EE (and I'd assume you did) would you mind taking a bit of time and submitting a bug report? It is something I'd prefer to work out of the box once I finally get the EE to play the campaign again...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66998/how-to-report-bugs-you-find-in-nwn-ee#latest

I don't think BD is too keen about fixing content bugs. Their focus is engine bugs and features, which is really the right focus.

The fix is fairly easy anyway.
    Post edited by pscythe on
  • DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @pscythe In June 29 livestream they said to report any bugs in premium modules. While they certainly don't want to redo, rebalance or otherwise change original content they do want to fix bugs, and I would guess especially the non-controversial easily fixable ones
    pscythe
  • leveljumperleveljumper Member Posts: 2
    How did you guys fix this? I follow the instructions in the attachment and every time I try to save changes in the Toolset I get a message saying

"There is already a NWM file called 'XP2_Chapter3'. In many cases, the NWM file will override the MOD file when attempting to load a module. Are you sure you want to continue saving your module with this name?"

Basically, it's only giving me the ability to save it as a brand new module, not override the existing campaign file that's there. Any tips on how to fix this?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @leveljumper it is a bit tricky. What I do is save it as a regular mod, then change its name to "XP2_Chapter3.nwm" then put it into the nwm folder and replace the old one.
    Raduziel
  • leveljumperleveljumper Member Posts: 2
    Does that work since the replacement is a .MOD instead of a .NWN?
    @leveljumper it works, but you have to change it to .nwm instead of .mod (windows may warn you not to do this, just ignore it).
  • SirYugi007SirYugi007 Member Posts: 13
    @Leveljumper SAME problem here, Windows 7 64 wont allow me to change to a .NWM file. I even went to properties on new file to tell w7 Media player (.mod file) and changed to the .exe in BIn folder (in steamapp folder) im pretty sure the NWMAIN.exe is the .exe for this file. But the file is still a .mod file. You cant change it unless there is something in w7 I dont know about. Above description is dead on EXCEPT this part.

@Tresset could you please please show me (and us) how you changed .mod file to a .nwm file. All I ve done is renamed the app that is supposed to open it but its still a .mod file.

TY
    SteamComingThroughEars
    edited April 2019
    @SirYugi007 it is pretty straightforward. You just have to change the name of the extension on the file from ".mod" to ".nwm".

I think some systems hide file extensions by default. You have to make sure that they are turned on before doing this.

Go to "Control Pannel/folder options" and click the "view" tab. Make sure that the "Hide extensions for known file types" option is unchecked:
    uwuo7zqafqwi.jpg

So once you make the changes to the module in the toolset and enable file extensions, you take the file and click on its name to rename it:
    iqlbe3xfclsw.jpg

Then replace ".mod":
    goz35l1adi57.jpg

With ".nwm" and hit enter. When the warning window pops up, just say "yes":
    4v66m47svuvb.jpg

Now you have changed the file correctly:
    ey1liwl5e1s9.jpg

The final step is to put the changed file into your nwm folder in the game's directory:
    vmlpn3vdazqr.jpg
    JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • SirYugi007SirYugi007 Member Posts: 13
    DAAAAAAAAAAANG......PRAISE JESUS..!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...OOOKKKK..I see i had "known file ext hidden" box checked....THEN the 'double .nwm.mod" file extension came up on file after I unchecked that..!!....tyttytytytytytytyty so much ...Now i'm going to check with toolset to make sure it "APPEARS" when i click to view campaign modules........I did everything BUT that.......that explains everything..

Sincerely,
    Richard
    TressetJuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond